Chord Anthem (1) vs Chorus 2

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
I need another interconnect and want to keep them all the same or at least of the same character and standard in the CD-pre-pwr-pwr chain. Got 2 Chorus 2s at the moment and ideally would like another, but after recent purchases the finances need some time to recover before I could get one.

However I've seen some Anthems (the original) on ebay and wondered how these would compare with the Chorus 2 and if they would be good enough, as I could get one of these for a lot less (hopefully) than a new (or even 2nd hand it seems) Chorus 2.

Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

Theoretically the Anthems are one up above the C2's in the food chain, so you will not get any problems.

I have used both in my system at one time, and, to my ears the Anthem has the slight edge over the Chorus 2's, but ymmv.

I have since realized the error of my expensive wire chasing ways, and have now installed Silver High Breeds across my system.

They are phenominal, and at a fraction of the cost of the big boys.

I cannot recommend them too highly!

(fwiw, Ive used ic's from £600 down, in my set up)

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Thanks icehockeyboy, good to get an opinion from someone with direct experience. I shall check out the SHBs before splashing out though; a few folks around here have mentioned them...

TRENDING THREADS