Children. Grrrr.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I got home tonight to find one of my speaker buttons has been pushed in on my power amp. I wonder who that could have been. Does anyone know a supplier of razor wire or electric fences please?

A

Anonymous

You could get a pet Tarantula. Keep it in a tank on the hifi so it benefits from the warmth generated. I can't see any child going near one of those beasties
emotion-1.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Well the missus claims not to know anything about it but she wouldn't grass on the boy. Oh well there goes £100 to get it mended.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Ah bummer :(

Have they pushed it right through?!?!

Christ... I'dgo mental (not a fan of kids at all and my other half has 2 nieces)!!!

A

Anonymous

It could have been a tweeter, there's always a sunny side.

When I was showing a family around my house for a hopeful sale the young daughter walked straight up to my SA1s and put both hands on them. Somehow a strange magnetism. My heart rate went up but she stepped away. The mother then swung around, knocking the speaker into a rocking motion on the stands...left, right, left, right...thank God they didn't fall over. I really owe Blue Tak for that one, much better than insurance.......

A

Anonymous

if i ever have kids i think i shall be employing a large fire guard in front of my gear!!

They can smear marmite on that all they like!

Seriously though, i wonder how much innocent damage has been done to peoples much loved kit over the years.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Not right through, just to the stuck position in off. After a few minutes of playing I've got it to the stuck position in on so at least I can listen to it. Bartletts can expect a call in the near future to get it fixed.

Do I use this as an excuse to get a new P35 (and matching A32)? Hehe

Oh and a razorwire fireguard with snipers on the lookout posts...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
It's never too early for legal action.

A criminal damage and 'mental anguish' lawsuit will soon buck up his ways. (Damages to be deducted at source from all future pocket money.)

A

Anonymous

chebby:(Damages to be deducted at source from all future pocket money.)
Problem resolved just in time for the Olympics then...

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
igglebert:chebby:(Damages to be deducted at source from all future pocket money.)

Although I will forgive him if England win the next World Cup. Promise.

2016 it is

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:
igglebert:chebby:(Damages to be deducted at source from all future pocket money.)

Although I will forgive him if England win the next World Cup. Promise.

2016 it is

Can't say fairer than that
emotion-7.gif

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:

I got home tonight to find one of my speaker buttons has been pushed in on my power amp. I wonder who that could have been. Does anyone know a supplier of razor wire or electric fences please

Oh theres an awful lot more damage to come ,physical,metaphysical and mental and a lot of it uninsurable and patience -stretching.

This is just the first step towards the "other side".

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
This wouldn't have happened if I'd taken PJPro's advice and just got myself a hard drive as it would have nutted him before he got too close

A

Anonymous

Cabinets with doors... then throw a lock on the door. They're actually pretty nice as they prevent the kit from getting dusty. Just have to leave the door open when using it to allow airflow and remote line-of-site.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Sorry to hear of your troubles, Joel. Kids eh?

One of my girlfriends buddies visited recently, and brought along her two fine adverts for contraception. She didn't bat an eyelid when her two little 'angels' decided to take to our new cooker with crayons.

Then, cooker duly coloured, they went scarpering towards the TV. My heart momentarily stopped, but thankfully the missus didn't wait for her friend to intervene, and gave the kids a fairly firm 'look but DO NOT touch' warning. The charging kids promptly sat on their bums.

Never been more proud...

A

Anonymous

BB I have to admire your patience. Those kids would've been colouring that cooker from the inside had it been my place.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
bigblue235:thankfully the missus didn't wait for her friend to intervene, and gave the kids a fairly firm 'look but DO NOT touch' warning. The charging kids promptly sat on their bums.
Good kudos to your girlfriend! People say "I blame the parents" as a joke, but for god's sake, this is a clear case of their Mum not teaching her kids about ownership and respect of that. It amazes me it truly does.
Some people might say they don't understand at that age - fair enough, possibly at that age I didn't understand the concept of ownership, but I certainly understood the wrath of Mum. Later on, I put 2 and 2 together.

A

Anonymous

I enjoy when new parents post asking how to make sure their Hifi won't harm their dear sweet babies, concerned with speakers falling on their soft heads etc.

Then a few years later it's all "the little buggers at my Arcam!!"

Not a Shot at you JS, I just enjoy how new parents seem to quickly revert to the correct household Totem Pole:

1. Wife (Inter-changable with 2. and 3.)
2. Dog (where applicable)
3. Cat (where applicable)
4. HiFi
5. Television
6. Computer
7. Crisps
8. Children
9. Garden Hose
10. Thermostat

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:
I got home tonight to find one of my speaker buttons has been pushed in on my power amp. I wonder who that could have been. Does anyone know a supplier of razor wire or electric fences please?

Sadly, I believe it is now illegal to supply razor wire to the public in this country. However, if you play your cards right you should be able to get your hands on high voltage fencing or, failing that, a few landmines. Best get the ones that you can burry deep in the carpet but jump up a few inches before detonating, the success rate is higher.

regards

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
It's the other way round in our house. Last time my mate, his Mrs, and their little boy came round, I trod on one of his toys breaking it!

;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts