Children + aluminium = arghhh

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Any ideas how to repair aluminium dust cup? A wee kid pushed it in.

(oh - the speakers - Monitor Audio S6)

Some recommended sticky tape, or using vacuum cleaner - the latter sounds quite extreme to be honest. What shall I do? I'm not totally sure but it looks like dented dust cup doesnt changed the actual sound of the speaker so maybe I shoud not try to fix it?

Thanks!

D

John Duncan

Hoover absolutely no, sticky tape yes. Use some fairly low-adhesive stuff, and just try and tease it out a little at a time. But you;re right, probably not doing any har, but is a pain to look at.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear about your speaker
emotion-6.gif

All though this doesn't help you with fixing your tweeter. A Hi Fi dealer told me when i was buying my B & W 684s that if the dome was depressed, it didn't matter because in 95 % of the cases it won't make any difference to the sound reproduction.

In the case that it doesn't hurt the sound, i think i'd just put the dust covers on and try and forget about it, as i wouldn't want to risk making it worse.

A

Anonymous

Sadly I was cleaning grilles and forgot to put them back:)

Anyway - I don't think that it affected anything except estetics - so I will try the sticky tape and if it will not work than I will simply put the grilles backl and forget about it:)

Thanks

Dan

A

Anonymous

would be interested to know how you get on as the same thing happend to me on my kefiq7s speakers.

A

Anonymous

I will try to fix it tonight. According to various internet people:) sticky tape is the safest option. Some of them were using needles! and vacuum cleaners - altho I'm not going to try this one:) In most of the cases dents on the dust cup are not affecting sound quality anyway - its all about the estetics:)

I wonder - what about the actual cone? If you have a wee dent there - really minor - does it affect sound?

Dan

A

Anonymous

hi,

ÿ

sticky tape worked perfectly:) Its all back to the old, lovely, round shape:)ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts