Cheap home cinema advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Evening all,

I'm growing increasingly frustrated with the poor sound quality on my LG LCD TV, I did have every intention of saving up quite a bit more but with the situation I'm in at the minute I can only really justify spending around £300. Can I get something half decent to watch TV, Blu-rays and play PS3 with? If so, what would advice would you give me to get best value for money? Any general beginners tips on what to expect/look out for/avoid would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

PDM

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
My daughter has this in her room : http://www.hyperfi.co.uk/samsung-le32d550-full-le32d550-p-1411.html

It cost me a bit more when I bought it from Richer's.

She and her boyfriend play the wii on it quite a bit and I played a few times but was pwned too much .. couldn't handle THAT being an avid BF1942 player (yep,still) ... and left :)

It has a smashing picture and sounds pretty good for a flat screen.

Connect a blu ray player and wow, the picture is fab.... as is a DVD uploader.

Altogether a great picture and the sound is decent/good.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the input Allantiggger but I think my OP was misleading, I'm after some sort of surround sound system for my current TV. Sorry for wasting your time!

A

Anonymous

Sorry for the lack of detail on OP, I'd be using SkyHD, PS3 and very rarely Wii and freesat tuner that's built into the TV

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
So what youre after is a home cinema in a box??

For £300 I would look at the Sony BD300EV I think it's called, it got 5* award from whathifi!!! It can now be had for £240 ish, 3or 4 inputs!!

Check it out.

http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Sony-BDV-E370

A

Anonymous

Thanks Sta99y, that's the sorta thing I was after!

Btw I did write out a long, detailed OP but lost it when I tried to click save with full HTML, I got pee'd off and rushed it then!

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
PoorDecisionMaker said:
Thanks Sta99y, that's the sorta thing I was after!

Btw I did write out a long, detailed OP but lost it when I tried to click save with full HTML, I got pee'd off and rushed it then!
Glad I could be of help, if you do make a purchase pls let us all know which system you get and you're review of it.

Darrell

drichardb

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Given your budget it would be worth checking out Onkyo's 1 box efforts - HDMI inputs for your Sky HD box and ps3 and a host of other inputs for anything else you care to throw at it.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/onkyo/hts3405/onky-hts3405-blk

You also have scope to replace the speakers at a later date with something beefier should you develope a taste for it :)

OK the amps dont use proper binding posts but then neither does my Logitech surround system and I still use B&W speakers for the f & c channels without any issues :rockout:

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I feel you can still obtain seperates for around £400, i know its above your budget but would definetly be an improvement over any all in one packages.First use your PS3 as as your media hub, games,streaming and fims.The PS3 still handles blu-rays quite well, and spend your budget starting with the Onkyo 309 amp at £159 from RS, add the Boston Acoustics soundwave xs for another £200 if you look around and the rest on cables. And im sure you will be very happy, its not that difficult to set up and very rewarding once it is. Optional upgrades in the future, may be a new blu-ray player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts