Cheap HiFi needed - Quad 12l2/Roksan K2

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone, It seems my love afair with expensive HiFi has come to an end (for the moment). Lack of time and money requirements elsewhere (holidays) has meant i have just finished selling my latest hi fi. I now require something cheap but still good. Say a budget of around 700 +/- 100 for both speakers and amplifier. However it would be brilliant if i can get both in under 500. I am considering second hand deals for this... Ive been looking at the Quad 12l2 speakers. These can be found now for around 250-300. Anyone with any experience of these? Ive seen them but not heard them and they are finished a class above most speakers under a grand but how do they compare to say the 685s and the new kefs? I was also thinking of a used roksan k2. Any comments on this? I appreciate any input. Many thanks

T

the record spot

A pair of Tannoy Reveal 601A actives, or Yamaha HS80 speakers would be my inclination. Need to have a listen, but the latter are apparently fine for the money (£350-400 roughly). Traditional, well, the usual suspects for the cash...draw from the familiar list!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I used to have a pair of Quad 12L2 which I demoed alongside the B&W 685's. I enjoyed the Quads more but there was very little in it for me. Had them driven both by a Marantz PM7001 and then a Naim Uniti, no problems whatsoever with either.

As you say the finish is lovely on the Quads and thats what swung it for me at the time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts