Changing of speakers , your ideas please

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys , I have a Rega's RS5 floorstanders running with Leema elements amp , I want to change speakers to something smaller with bigger soundstage,theese speakers are just too big for my room I can't enjoy their full potential.

I am listening music on lower to medium levels , amp is 2x60w 8ohms , room is 3m x 3,30m , music from jazz to electronic , budget £700

thank You for suggestions

domenn said:
Hi guys , I have a Rega's RS5 floorstanders running with Leema elements amp , I want to change speakers to something smaller with bigger soundstage,theese speakers are just too big for my room I can't enjoy their full potential.

I am listening music on lower to medium levels , amp is 2x60w 8ohms , room is 3m x 3,30m , music from jazz to electronic , budget £700

thank You for suggestions
Own the Pulse - they drive Totems well (s/hand Arros floorstander or Rainmakers), PMC TB2i, Kef R300...

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
My amp is 2 months old so no selling yet :) but Avi adm9's are on my radar for a long time but I just can't ... Shame there is not a headphone amp built in , but in the future I want to demo them for sure

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
domenn said:
My amp is 2 months old so no selling yet :) but Avi adm9's are on my radar for a long time but I just can't ... Shame there is not a headphone amp built in , but in the future I want to demo them for sure

You wouldn't ditch the amp, you would use it for its preamp and DAC functions, not to mention its remote. The DM5s are straightforward actives and don't have the extra gubbins inside like the ADM9s.

You would connect the speakers with the pre outs on your Leema.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
It's a rubbish option, the guy is clutching at straws. Whywaste an excellent amplifier on some low to midrange speakers? I'd go for Neat, if you could push the budget a bit, or Dynaudios providing you can give them space.

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Before I had Rega brio r /dac combo I thought it will be an upgrade
But now after 2 months I've realised Rega sounded better sweeter , more exciting , not mentioning Rega dac . But I am not gonna sell new amp so I want to change speakers

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Totem Arros, MA RS6 and GS10, Spendor SA-1 and A5, PMC DB1is. The ones that didn't impress as much were the Spendors. Found them, although very good in many areas, just a little too dark for my taste.

how did You find pmc db1is ? Elements amp is just 60w is it gonna be ok to drive them ?

Thanx PP

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Neat motive 2 ex demo, prices are down since the newer model is out.
These are compact floorstanders than can embarrass some speakers twice there size.

domenn said:
plastic penguin said:
Totem Arros, MA RS6 and GS10, Spendor SA-1 and A5, PMC DB1is. The ones that didn't impress as much were the Spendors. Found them, although very good in many areas, just a little too dark for my taste.

how did You find pmc db1is ? Elements amp is just 60w is it gonna be ok to drive them ?

Thanx PP

Fabulous.The Elements should have more than enough quality to drive the DB1s, however, the only concern is the lack of bass compared to floorstander, hence why I mentioned the Totem Arros: Although a floorstander they have tiny dimensions and so easy to place. The bass is impressive but they will need a bit extra to drive. the Elements should be fine, as long as you don't need disco levels.

*EDIT* If you're looking for a speaker with the same characteristics as the DB1i but with added grunt, look for a pair of TB2is.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts