admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have at the minute a dilemma:-

Hi Fi

Arcam A85 Amplifier

Arcam CD72

Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo3's floor standers

With a Marantz DV3100 (Quite old now) at the tv end.

I want to change the CD72 for a BlueRay and use a as standard CD player too therefore ditching the Marantz - so what ever I choose has to be a good CD player. I've thought on the lines of a BDP100 (cheaper now the 300 released) - despite the usual concerns is this a good player, can't afford the 300. Cambridge Audio 651/751BD look to be pretty decent. Don't like the look of the new Marantz stuff or Panasonic. The Oppo look good players, but, I can't see if they do these in silver - current Arcam I have is in silver so would mean also changing the amp if I could only get black. CD load times would also be concern I think if using Blue Ray/DVD unit.

Any thoughts anyone.

Regards

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
If I understand you correctly, you're looking for a blu-ray player and possibly kill two birds with one stone by replacing both the dvd and the cd player. IME moderately priced blu-ray players are ok for cd purposes every now and then. Much is dependend on amp and speakers and how sensitive you are to timing in cd replay. This is my personal opinion, YMMV. As even budget blu-ray players do fabulously well in blu-ray replay, I would pick a 200 pound player and compare cds with one of the marantzes or oppo's. You might want to hold on to the arcam and just replace the dvd-player...

In short, the only way you'll know is by selecting 1 or 2 blu-ray players and audition them for yourself.

BTW I have a panasonic bdt-210 and a fairly upmarket hifi with streamer and active speakers.

T

the record spot

I gave my Panasonic BDT 110 a run with an optical cable into the Teac DAC thereon into the Harman amp. Sounded excellent using done of the reference discs I have. See also some of the Sony Blu-ray players, some of which also offer SACD. Performance again is excellent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts