Change of speakers?

hunnyy

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I'd be grateful for your wise thoughts on my listening conundrum.

My system is used for around 60% movies and 40% music DVDs/Blu-rays. It comprises of a Yamaha RX-V3800 A/V amp "boosted by a Naim NAP173 3-channel power amp, (the Naim powering the left, right and centre channels). Source is a Sony 760 blu-ray player, and speakers are Monitor Audio GS20s left and right, Monitor Audio GS centre, Monitor Audio rears and Epos subwoofer. Quality cables all round; speaker cables are Naim's own.

It all sounds very good, but I'm not getting any great emotional feel from my music DVD/blu-ray listening. Is it due to the speakers? Are they "technically" excellent but not in synergy with my system to produce the emotional response I'm looking for? (My preferred music, by the way, is predominantly female focal, the likes of Stevie Nicks and Alison Krauss). Would a smoother sounding speaker (ProAc, PMC, Spendor?) help?

Thanks.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
There are definitely some options here - ProAc may be a contender (Studio 140s, 110s, centre and REL sub perhaps) or Focal Chorus 800 5.1 package which has always been a stunner. What budget would you have?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts