Center Speaker issue?

craigmccall43

May 17, 2008
Visit site
Ok so i bought myself a set of diamond 10.3 floorstanders, 10.SR rears and a sony STRDH810 amp. Only thing missing is a center speaker, my issue is that my rooms pretty small (i know i would have been better getting smaller speakers in the first place bu im moving out in about a year and want a good setup to take with me). Anyway the issues is at the moment its goin to look a joke getting the diamond 10 series center speaker as the floorstanders look daft enough and are taking up loads of space in my room! Does anyone have any suggestions of a center i could get in the meantime? reasonably small such as a sat speaker or will this just through the sound right out the window?

Cheers

Craig

John Duncan

I think it'll throw the sound way off. Stick with keeping the 10.3s reasonably close to the screen and just turn the centre channel off on the amp. As long as you don't sit too off-axis it'll sound a lot better than adding an inappropriate centre.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
roger06:Why did you buy such large speakers if your room's that small?

craigmccall43:i know i would have been better getting smaller speakers in the first place bu im moving out in about a year and want a good setup to take with me

I agree with John. Wait until you get to your new bigger place before getting the centre.

A

Anonymous

I saw the smallest 10 series centre speaker in superfi the other day and couldn't believe how small it was. I would check out the dimensions for it, see if it makes sense to try it out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts