Center and rear speakers for Dynaudio C1 5.1 HT system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello folks I am planning my HT with the Dynaudio C1's for my new home.

Regarding the center channel, the Confidence Center is too big for my setup and I am now considering the Contour S CX. However the local Dynaudio distributor of my region cannot arrange an audition of it. So my question is, how well does it match tonally the old and new Confidence C1 speakers (Confidence II and signature)? Is S CX the next best match other than the Confidence Center?

And as for the surround rear speakers, I have the following options

1) Contour SR

2) Focus 110

3) Excite X12

Since none of the above 3 options is available from the local distributor for audition in my region, could anyone share your experience with the above as the rear channels for the Confidence fronts? How well do they match the Confidence fronts? soundstage cohesiveness?

The Contour SR's are small and aesthetically fit my design, but they merely go down to 85Hz (THX failed, I would expect more from a HT system at this price range), but it seems they are the closest match to the Confidence series. Can someone confirm this for me?

I read a few guys here matched their C1 and C2 speakers with Focus 110's as rear channels instead and the results seemed good. Are they better than the Contour SR's?

Excite X12's are the only speakers that I can audition from my friend’s stereo setup, and certainly they lack details, transparency, dynamics etc compared to the legendary C1. This may put me off. But as the surround speakers for the Confidence fronts, are they good enough? Opinions and suggestions are highly appreciated thank you. Meanwhile please see the rendering of my proposed HT (with Pioneer Kuro KRP-500A)

/sites/whathifi.com/files/images/My%20C1%20Setup.jpg

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Hello Rick,

For the avr I will probably use Pioneer LX-83 pre out to a dedicated stereo amp to drive my C1's.

Is LX-83 good enough? I haven't decided on the stereo amp yet, but the candidates will be Atoll PR300/AV200, Musical Fidelity M6PRE/PRX, MBL 7008, Plinius 9200, any suggestion?

Regarding the sub, most likely I will be using a single Velodyne SPL-1000 Ultra or Velodyne DD-10+.

Originally I wish to setup my HT with the popular MA RX 5.1 system based on your valuable suggestions posted earlier, but my wife prefers the same C1's for both a/v and music.

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts