CDs to plumb the depths...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm sure most of you have been here already - new kit reveals nuances you never heard before; listening becomes a pure pleasure; you re-discover your music; etc.

Well, it happened to me too! And my best discovery?

'In Between ' by Jazzanova.

I always knew it was good, but it took me a few years to get into it before I really started enjoying it. However, since the upgrades it has become a stalwart in my listening - I just pop it on and sink into it uninterrupted. Being able to hear the the intricacy of the production gives it a whole new lease of life and it really is one of those albums that can take you places.

So that's my listening recommendation...would anyone care to suggest their favourite album for just listening; one that delights every time?

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Patrol by Steve Martland. A slightly challenging listen at first (contemporary classical music), but the complexity and orchestration is truly stunning.

I never fail (even after 10 years of listening to it) to discover "something else" going on somewhere that I hadn't noticed before.

Track 5 (Principia) is also a full system-workout track with soaring highs from brass, deep lows from bass drums and stunning dynamics...

It would certainly be one of my desert-island-discs...

A

Anonymous

I was really impressed by the unlocked fidelity I found in 'wave of mutilation' by the pixies. Give it a listen.

A

Anonymous

Amused to Death- Roger Waters
Famous Blue Raincoat - Jennifer Warnes

to name but two.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Remastered edition of the floyds Final Cut. Like mr slimfast ,every time i listen to it i get "erm havnt heard that bit before" Amazing production.

A

Anonymous

Rev:Amused to Death- Roger Waters

Nice.

Also, any Blue Nile, Dave Gilmour in Gdansk is certainly revealing some beauty as I play it, Redshift (1-9, electronic), Jon Lord's Durham Concerto, Marillion Brave remaster, Marbles, and the Hannibal and Da Vinci Code soundtracks - beautiful........[Zimmer].

A

Anonymous

Derek n clive??

Ahh i see what you mean. ja wobble does some CD's with super deep bass. cant think of any titles in perticular sorry

scorps

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
Dave Matthews Band - Crash guaranteed to get u jigging about in ur seat fine drummer and guitarist

david & david - Boomtown and oldie but lovely production

leftfield - leftism for sheer bass and ambience although el cid on the rhythm & stealth album has got to be one of best bass tracks for seeing how low ur system will go

could go on & on lol but these probably my 3 favourites at the mo

scorps

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
well it early morning little village stylee kids are sleeping out time to turn it up a notch n can safely say dave matthews is the one oh the joys of living in middle of nowhere

just check out the drums for control on ur system

scorps

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
i wonder how many peeps on this forum are nightowls as u just cant beat that late night/early morning listening watching sun come up to a bit of mike oldfield or vangelis

soz waffling but when beat gets u tis hard not to wanna share that moment few peeps understand it

T

the record spot

Trialling a used Nordost Blue Heaven interconnect with the Marantz SA7001 KI I have just now and it's not only brought out the bottom end it was missing before (I'm almost beginning to think there might be something in the cable talk) (and those of a certain vintage will have got that particlarly bad pun....sorry!), but there's a backing vocal on Cher's "Heart of Stone" that I never even realised existed and some of the vocal layers on some Elton stuff is totally new to me!

A

Anonymous

East River Drive........Stanley Clarke.......give it a whirl......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts