cd players

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
How much should i spend on a cd player(new) with reference to my other kit?What im trying to say is how to price balance a system?

I have a new amp that is about 1000 pound with new speakers costing 800 pound.

Ive saved some money and could spend 300 pound this week or should i wait till xmas and get something better.

What kind of price point does my kit desserve?

How do you guys price balance your systems?

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

If your CD player is your main source and your amp does not have a built-in DAC you should be spending more on the CDP than the amp or speakers.

Use a cheap DVD player in the short term if you want but for that price of system you should be looking at Cyrus CD8SE or something similar

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
These days I wouldn't spent serious money on any CD player. I'd spend all my money on the DAC and just buy a good budget CDP to feed it. Then you'd be upgrading both your sources (CDP and Mac).

I'm curious why you even want one if you are using a Mac and Airport Express already.

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys for your thoughts,i have never thought of using the mac as a cd player,i use it to play i tunes or spotify.I had thought to buying a good standard of cd player i would get a better sound,i have alot of cds not being used and im trying to get the best sound i can for the music i have.My amp has a good built in dac,i would like to know if a DacMagic or something at that price would be a much better sound.This is still all a bit new to me and im trying to get the hang of it all.

Thanks again

A

Anonymous

As you already use your mac as a source, I would also advise on a good DAC. The Arcam DAC may be a good purchase.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts