admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

Help required.I have onkyo 605 receiver, goldring gr2 turntable, Acoustic energy neo 5-1 speakers .neo 3 front pair floorstanders,good review,sony ps3.What would be better,ext dac for ps3,very good cd performance.reported buy some people, or Arcam cd73 which you can get for £299.any other advice would help .THANKS

T

the record spot

This is an interesting one; Sony's transports are generally pretty decent and there is a long running argument that rates that found in the original PS1 (albeit only those with certain serial numbers or particular code, which I can't recall offhand - check on the web though as there's plenty on it). There's also a few places who'll convert a PS1 and charge a handsome sum for it - one place I can think of had a modded PS1 for over £400! I kid you not....

However, for the PS3, it has a good reputation, build quality is excellent and with an offboard DAC, who can say. The Behringer DACs are well rated and likewise the M-Audio SuperDAC - both cheap as chips and I think both also act as A-D converters as well as D-A. Apogee are also worth a look but tend to be a higher cost. The forthcoming Cambridge DAC at £200 and Beresford TC-7510 are more traditional hi-fi examples. The first three I mentioned are also worth a look; professional units but good performance (according to web reviews I've seen).

A

Anonymous

I recently bought a roksan kandy cdp new for £350! not sure if it sound better than a ps3 with dac but its a a dam fine cdp for 350 notes! and i would suggest it might be more fun than the arcam! runs and hides!

although i suppose its only fair to add ive not heard any of arcams latest players!

T

the record spot

Must admit, the CD192 was a very tasty looking bargain at more than half price discount. They've taken Cyrus idea by the looks of thing (humping great big discounts when a new line comes out, although Cyrus have a mandatory discount and not sure what Arcam do).

A

Anonymous

thanks all think i will try the beresford dac with the ps3,nothing to loose money back if not happy. does the 605 limit the the money its worth spending for music quality

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts