CD Player upgraded, now for the Amp.

saintsboy

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Took my first steps on the potentially addictive road to upgrading my first separates system by replacing my CA Azur 340 CD player with the CA Azur 740c.

Now for the amp; I've been happy with my NAD 315BEE as it tamed the brightness of the CA340 and I know that my ears are the best judge-I can hear the difference and benefit in the 740c over the 340c-even the Mrs didn't have to be prompted to agree.

So- with a budget of around £400 just now-would there be enough of a difference in performance to justify upgrading my amp or should I leave it be?

Listening room approx 14x10, sparse furnishing, wooden floors.

Thanks for any suggestions, much appreciated.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd be interested to know whether you also auditioned the 650C as well as the older 740C you bought? What did you think of the 650C as was it about the same as the 740C?

If you like the sound a lot, don't change your amplifier. Otherwise select a few £400 models and go for an audition. You could always take the C315BEE along to compare.

Theres not much at £400. Most good quality budget models are about £300 and then there seems to be a price hike to £550-600 for the likes of Creek Evo 2, NAD 356BEE etc The models at £400 I guess (new condition) would be Pioneer AA6 Mk2, Onkyo A933. The £300 budget offerings to look at would be NAD C326BEE, Marantz PM6003, Yamaha AS500, Rotel RA04 SE, Cambridge Audio 650A etc. The list is prob not much help but you would really need to audition to compare the sound you prefer yourself. If you go second hand then you would have a lot more choice but poor/no warranty if it breaks.

A

Anonymous

arcam alpha 10 would be a good shout (second hand off ebay around £300)...massive upgrade over the nad.

if you want new I don't really know what to suggest

saintsboy:

Hi,

Took my first steps on the potentially addictive road to upgrading my first separates system by replacing my CA Azur 340 CD player with the CA Azur 740c.

Now for the amp; I've been happy with my NAD 315BEE as it tamed the brightness of the CA340 and I know that my ears are the best judge-I can hear the difference and benefit in the 740c over the 340c-even the Mrs didn't have to be prompted to agree.

So- with a budget of around £400 just now-would there be enough of a difference in performance to justify upgrading my amp or should I leave it be?

Listening room approx 14x10, sparse furnishing, wooden floors.

Thanks for any suggestions, much appreciated.

Do you like the tonal qualities of the Nad? if your answer is YES then keep or upgrade the Nad by auditioning at Richers or look at alternatives such as Arcam, Roksan Kandy LIII... but this will really depend on your speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts