CD player upgrade - suggestions?

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi, system as detailed below. Reckon it's about time to replace my AMC CD6 as I'm chasing a more refined sound. Ideally I would love a Rega Apollo, but being a miserable Scot, not interested in paying the price. Really looking for a similar sound to that of the Rega. Little warmer then I currently have as feel my system is too harsh and though I used to love it I'm placing the blame firmly at the door of the AMC! There's a Dad5 for sale that I've clocked but is this really the answer? Would it produce an unbalanced sound? Is it a step down? Cheers

A

Anonymous

Have you thought about cleaning up your mains supply?
It makes a amazing difference to the musical quality and is quite cheap to do. You might even enjoy listening to your music again!

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
iv'e always found marantz quite warm sounding but i think maybe an arcam cd 73 may fit the bill. cheaper than the rega too.

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
Cheers guys, mains supply is on the agenda - thanks buddy. Was looking beyond CD73, with the early Rega Planet in mind - still too dear though. I AM Scots after all!

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
look's like the 2nd hand route then, iv'e seen a few micromegas crop up on ebay for about £150.00 or how about a linn mimik or genki. i much prefer linn's older electronics having an lp12 myself and an old intek amp that i sadly sold recently.

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
HI, I've got a micromega stage4 for sale for £150, in excellent condition, if you're interested. I've recently upgraded to a Densen 420, hence the sale. Look forward to hearing from you.

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi there, I see there's one up for grabs on ebay with £99 start, no bids yet and 1 day to go. What's the lowdown on it? Can't seem to find anything about it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts