Cd Player upgrade - Advice please..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I need some advice please.. I want to upgrade my cd player from my Yamaha. Which one is better? Marantz Cd 6002, or Nad C 545 Bee, or Arcam FMJ 17? Currently I'm using my Yamaha receiver as an amp and B & W 603 series 2 speakers. I usually listen to jazz or pop music.Is it ok if I partner the cdp with integrated amp from different brand? Thanx..

T

the record spot

If it was my money and of those three, I'd plump for the new NAD. However, if you crave the extra detail, then the Arcam comes the better equipped, albeit for a slight price-tag premium.

To answer the second question: yes. Not a problem and often yields better results than same brand synergy.

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanx for the advice. Then for the C545 Bee or Arcam FMJ 17, which amp do you recommend? Should the Nad C355 Bee be good? Which one is better? Nad C355 Bee or Marantz PM 7003? Are each one of the amp I mentioned suitable for the B&W speakers?

T

the record spot

If you like the Marantz sound (transparent typically, detailed, quite forward), then seek out the PM7001 (and/or the upgraded KI equivalent) which is the outgoing forebear to the 7003/8003 amps. Should be on deals out there and are decent amps. I've got an earlier (2001) PM6010-KI and it's been a fabulous buy.

No recent experience with the NAD kit, but a longstanding fan nonetheless. I think they may be a tad more dynamic, but it depends on your preferences.

You might consider the Yamaha AS700 amp too, which is around the £400 mark (quite neutral too, but drier according to reviews I've read than the Marantz kit) and might be worth a look.

A

Anonymous

Ok, thanx again. I'll look for the Marantz Pm 7003 at the local store n ask for audition first. Btw, have anyone heard about Tangent Cd Player? How about the review of the Cd 200 and Amp 200? Still confused about the product. I've heard it's from Denmark. Is it true?

A

Anonymous

CD6002 and CD7003 use the same DAC but 7003 can play SACDs and has a beefier power supply. I'd say if you don't have any SACDs then try CD6002 as well. I have heard it and its very good.

EDIT: Realized you're now talking about amps. PM7003 is a good amp but I suggest you listen to one back to back with C355BEE and judge yourself.

A

Anonymous

Hi chainrock, good advice. but do u know about Cd 5003? Does it use the same dac with 6002/7003? since in my country, the price of 5003 is much affordable than the Cd 6002. Is it worth the money to spend more on 6002? I'll never listen to Cd 7003, since the price is the same as Arcam FMJ 17, so I'd rather go for the Arcam than Cd 7003. And for the Nad C 545 Bee, I still haven't found any in my local store. Could anyone owns C 545 Bee give me some clue, how about the quality and sound of Nad C 545 Bee compared to Nad C 542? Cos I can't find any review of Cdp C 542 in WHF reviews..

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Out of that shortlist i'd deffo be looking at the NAD C545BEE over the Marantz.

Als; the NAD C355BEE amp is very good and both would be well suited to your B&W speakers.

The NAD C545BEE; from what ive heard briefly, is very good and would be a contender to the NAD C542 CDP which i own as well.

A

Anonymous

Ok d_a_n, so I'll wait for Nad C545 BEE for audition first, partnered with C355 BEE amp, then I'll compare them with Marantz kit. Thanx all..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts