cd player for use with AV amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everybody.Being a reader of the WH magazine for years, I'm new on this forum and would appreciate your input on this.

My current system: Pioneer VSX 928 AV amp, Pioneer PDRW 839 cd recorder,Pioneer 535 DVD player, Mission 774 fronts, C1 center, DS bipole rears, Velodyne sub, Ipod Touch( with most 320 kbps files). My listening/ viewing room is about 4m x 4m. I'd like to keep my speaker system because their sound pleases me well. The fronts are positioned close to a wall and the right one even between a wall and a cupboard without making the bass booming. Wanting to upgrade my system I'm looking for a new AV amp and cd player and blu ray player. I was looking at something like the Onkyo TX-NR808 or the Pioneer VSX-LX 53as an amp.The Blu ray player would be the Sony BDP-S770.

For the cd player. I have been reading the raving reviews on the Audiolab 8200 cd and of course, I'm keen on having one. But would this not be a little overshooting feeding this to any of the above AV amps? Should I rather be looking for something like the Marantz cd 6003 instead and save the cash for something else? If I go for the Audiolab 8200, then what is the best way to connect my Ipod? Through the dacs of the Audiolab (with an Onkyo ND S1 dock) or through the dedicated USB input on any of the above amps?

What would be the best combination of amp and cd player for best stereo sound with cd and I pod? Thank you in advance for any comments.

A

Anonymous

What about one of these (best of both worlds by the looks of things...):

http://whathifi.com/Review/Cambridge-Audio-Azur-650BD/

emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Have been considering the CA azur 650BD as well, but touhgt separate cd and blu ray players would give better results in both stereo and video. What's your opinion?

CA azur 650 BD with what amp. Onkyo 808, Pioneer VSX LX53,...?

What about the Ipod connection for best sound?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts