CD player choice (limited space)

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Two thirds through a system upgrade. I have recently bought some Spendor A3 and an Arcam A38. Need to replace my CD player next. Two main considerations though 1 It must be silver 2 it must be compact and slim. (but full size) Any thoughts about which would be most suitable for all musical tastes. I have considered Opera Consonance CD 120 and Audiolab 8200CD.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Both look the right size and colour. There is an ex-demo Opera CD120 for less than £500 if you are interested. Or you can try one for 30 days. I have not heard the Opera CD120 but the Audiolab 8200cd seemed Ok but then I ahve a job telling cdp players apart. I think the Arcam cd17 may fit the bill as well as does the CREEK EVOLUTION 2 CD PLAYER

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Difficult then, going by reviews the Opera Consonance CD 120 looks pretty good, maybe worth a go, if you get the ex demo one you won't lose much money on it, if you buy new you can try it out and then return if you don't like it within 30 days but you will have to pay postage/ins. which should not be more than £20.

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the Audiolab 8200 cd and think it is a great buy, clean and clear cleaTwogreat reproduction. Two years old now and no problems.
I use it with an Arcam FMJA19 and Monitor Audio RX6 speakers which make a great combination..

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
THanks for the info sounds like a real contender. Right size and it sounds quite neutral and may match my Arcam and Spendors well.

Paul

I guess it all depends on how slim you want.

All the above mentioned range approx. 85 to 90mm in height.

The slimest ones I recall seeing are the well reknown Micromega range ie the CD10.

These are approx. 65mm in height and are great CD players.

If you want any slimmer you might consider using a blu-ray player as a CD player - many do I understand - and why not? (See Sony slim-jims!)

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Alears said:
I guess it all depends on how slim you want.

All the above mentioned range approx. 85 to 90mm in height.

The slimest ones I recall seeing are the well reknown Micromega range ie the CD10.

These are approx. 65mm in height and are great CD players.

If you want any slimmer you might consider using a blu-ray player as a CD player - many do I understand - and why not? (See Sony slim-jims!)

Have considered the blu- player route, so thanks for the suggestion, especialy if I rorganise the room and wall mount the T.V. 9cms would be maximum height available.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts