CD Player around £350

shaunj_uk

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my CD player. I currently have a NAD C521BEE, but think its time to upgrade. My amplifier is a NAD C355BEE and my speakers are Monitor Audio S10 floorstanders. I mostly listen to rock music. My budget is around £350.

I have looked at the NAD C545BEE which seems very highly regarded, but am a little worried about reliability issues. Does anyone know if these have been sorted? Other than that I havent really looked around.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shaun

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i think if you say why you want to upgrade what is letting you down at present or is it that you just want to go up a notch and if you would go down the secondhand route etc.then you might get some posts.

i think if you like the nad sound then the matching cd player could go well try and get a demo is possible take your amp and interconnect in with you and try and pick speakers that have a close sound. I have heard the rega apollo while in a hifi shop im sure it had a nad on the end and it is a beast but you would need to drop on ebay as it goes for around the £500 mark new i think. it would add a touch of class to your powerfull sounding amp.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
If you have laptop or desktop computer, I'm sure many would argue that a Beresford TC-7510 DAC + an AirPort Express + iTunes (CDs ripped in Apple Lossless) would deliver better sound quality than any £350 CDP?

shaunj_uk:

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my CD player. I currently have a NAD C521BEE, but think its time to upgrade. My amplifier is a NAD C355BEE and my speakers are Monitor Audio S10 floorstanders. I mostly listen to rock music. My budget is around £350.

I have looked at the NAD C545BEE which seems very highly regarded, but am a little worried about reliability issues. Does anyone know if these have been sorted? Other than that I havent really looked around.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shaun

6th Replicant is right: it may be worth investigating a DAC. However, if you want a CDP then a s/hand Arcam 192 would match the Nad well. Likewise, any of the Rotel 10 series is well worth investigating, and the Rotels will save you a few quid to boot.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:...if you want a CDP then a s/hand Arcam 192 would match the Nad well...
emotion-21.gif

T

the record spot

For that money, something like the Exposure CD (as named) or just go down the computer audio route. Stick on a half decent DAC - even an M-Audio Transit will get you started - to any old laptop (it needn't be a high flying Mac or some Quad-core thing at all) and off you go. Job done. If you must have a dedicated player, then a basic Cambridge Audio number will do fine and put the bulk of the money into the DAC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts