CD motor noise through speakers – help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Never posted here before, so please be gentle!

I've got a problem that may only be solvable by some professional tweaking/new parts, but fingers crossed someone out there has an easy fix...

Basically, a friend’s just sold me his Audio Analogue Enigma and, while the sound is amazing for an all-in-one, there is one problem: the noise of the CD spinning can be heard through the speakers. With the volume turned down, I can’t hear the noise, so I doubt it’s a mechanical fault with the motor, and it can’t be heard when the radio is playing, so it’s definitely the CD part causing the problem.

Anyone got any thoughts? My mate said he never noticed the problem, so I wonder if it's just something's got misaligned or knocked loose in transit.

Hope one of you out there in hi-fi enthusiast land can help!

Thanks.

PS Before anyone says "should've got separates", I have – this is my child-proof system (ie, up high on a shelf!) for the front room...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="moonshiner"]he noise of the CD spinning can be heard through the speakers[/quote]

Have you removed the transit screws?

A

Anonymous

As far as I could see, there are no transit screws - though I'll certainly double check that tonight.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts