Castle Knight 3

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Has anybody heard these speakers? And if so, what amplification was used?

They look like they'd be ideal for my room with their TPT technology, size and finishes...

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Personally I love the Castle Loudspeakers.....

Cant comment on the Knight 3, but I have owned Castle Richmonds (currently connected to a Caspian M1 setup) and also Castle Pembroke's (which I believe are probably what the Knight 3 are based on).

I love the sound you get from Castle, I find it quite a warm feeling sound and good with a variety of music. I would probably be careful if your electronics are on the laid back side but other than that I doubt you would have any issues.

I'm only selling my Richmond's because I'm getting a pair of ATC SCM11's as a stepup to match the improvement and recent upgrade of amplifcation and source.

A

Anonymous

I think you'll find these have little to do with the old Castles.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Grottyash said:
I think you'll find these have little to do with the old Castles.

I was under the impression that although owned by IAG now, the new castles were very similar in sound to the Original Castle's. I believe the Bass/Midrange and treble utilise the same units as in for instance the Pembroke which as I said I believe would be the closest to the Knight 3.

I have heard the Knight 2 and they were very similar to my Castle Richmond Speaker I have owned for the last 6 years.

A

Anonymous

Can't comment about the voicing but the designer and chief engineer of the original Castle have long since moved on. However, what is interesting is the website which seems to show the speakers being made by distinctly British looking craftsmenn using fairly old fashioned methods.

I'm not sure whether this would be considered misleading in a legal sense, since Castle are most definitely made in China now. IAG bought the brand name when the original company went bankrupt, and that's all.

Perhaps a chance for some investigative journalism from WHF?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Grottyash said:
However, what is interesting is the website which seems to show the speakers being made by distinctly British looking craftsmenn using fairly old fashioned methods.

I'm not sure whether this would be considered misleading in a legal sense, since Castle are most definitely made in China now. IAG bought the brand name when the original company went bankrupt, and that's all.

Perhaps a chance for some investigative journalism from WHF?

Yes, the Castle website page regarding veneering definitely depicts a couple of European looking chaps. (Example)

On another page they say...

"Beautifully veneered in real lacewood, specially chosen by highly experienced Castle cabinet craftsmen, some of whom have specialized in selecting the right veneer for each application for more than 30 years"

So I assume either (a) some of these venerable veneerers have been employed to work in China or (b) the cabinets (with speakers and crossovers) arrive somewhere in the UK where those 'cabinet craftsmen' finish them off or (c) it's load of old marketing toshery - with some non-representative photos - that, if challenged, will result in an answer like... "sorry but our website was out of date and we still had some stuff left over from the old Castle."

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts