admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have an old Goldring GL75 turntable that works fine but the sound from the ancient unidentified cartridge is poor.Could anyone recommend a modern cartridge for no more than £50 that would suit its high mass arm?

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Burger, I was going to suggest an AT-110E, but they seem to have discontinued them. If you can find a new-old-stock one, then go for it, as it's a step up from the 95E.

If not, the 95E is a very good choice regardless...

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
The AT95E is a great cartridge, better imo than the AT110 but they maybe a bit light in that arm, the Denon is fantastic but it's closer to £ 100.00. Check out the cartridge database for a match, i'm thinking the ortofon 2m red may just be the ticket.

T

the record spot

My error; the DL103 is overbudget as Gregory - I was thinking DL110, but still a bit over the odds. A good balance if the Red's peppy sound is a bit too forward for the OPs liking though. There's also the Goldring Elektra which is within budget (£35-40).

Incidentally, for £15, you can still get Nagaioka's MP11 cart. VFM is off the scale here as it's unbelievably good for the price and it's got a decent sound too; better than you'd think £15 would buy! However, bung on any of the others and it'll be worth the extra outlay too.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Have a look at Amazon.com (not co.uk) for the excellent Shure M97xE. It will come from the USA but with their very generous discount it's still much cheaper than buying it from S**** A**** at £100. :D I just bought one and it's a very good MM cart. It also comes in a very nice brushed finish metal box with several accessories.

M97boxcontents.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts