Cartridge Review (...please)

ghoughto

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
Like the new mag look - (I've been a subscriber for 10+ years and an avid reader before that - so be warned, i will be checking the validity of "I remember when...").

Anyway, do you think there would be any interest in a cartridge review ? - (...and yes I know the future's digital....etc. I beam music round my house using sonos when not serious listening). I don't believe there has been one for many years. I know vinyl has small (but devoted) following but you do cover turntables, accessories etc.

The reason I would be very interested is personal, because the life of my stylus (Linn K9) is coming to an end and I was wondering about whether to replace cartridge (seen some rants on the web that I can do better than the K9) but what would I go for? ...... a one off review would be great.

What does What-HiFi think about a review?.......and any other posters comments welcome (I'm open to suggestions about a cartridge replacement too)

A

Anonymous

I agree, and in fact think the question of cartridge reviews came up before, as did that for a K9 replacement. The K9 is a modified AT95E, so, if you want the same type of sound, stick to the AT range. Personally I'd go for the AT120E, which is much better than the AT95E - tracks better, more detailed and kinder on less than perfect LPs.

Other choices would be the Ortofon OM10 or above, or the 2M red.

ghoughto

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
hey al7478 - you are right - the March issue - i don't know how i missed it. My copy looks un-thumbed. I guess i didn't need to replace my stylus then

emotion-1.gif

many thanks

A

Anonymous

ghoughto:
hey al7478 - you are right - the March issue - i don't know how i missed it. My copy looks un-thumbed. I guess i didn't need to replace my stylus then

emotion-1.gif

many thanksÿ

What did they test? There's only 4 on the web site, and all beyond my budget.ÿ

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
No problem. Glad you found it as i havent got it anymore.

Only remembered it as i misstook them for big staplers or somesuch. Really wish i could remember exactly what it was i thought they were...Coulda been ink cartridges, coincidentally...

Anyhow, i think the moral here is i should stick to my hdd music.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts