Car Stereo?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Was just interested to know how many of you applied the same high standard of listening you maintain in your house to your car as well. I know im pretty picky about my car speakers and luckily the car I own at the moment has a fantastic set up. (Pretty sure it Bose but will have to check)

Anyway I just read that B&W speakers are a standard in the newest top end Jaguars so it clearly isn't just me that thinks this way.

Opinions?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Dynaudio for VW

Bose or B&O for Audi

B&O for Aston Martin

Mark Levinson for Lexus

Naim for Bentley

Bose for all sorts of companies from Hummer to Ferrarri

Mercedes does its own in association with Harman/Becker

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I'm going for a test drive of one of these on Saturday....

800px-2007_Mazda_CX-7.jpg

...It's got a 9 speaker Bose system in it, so might take a CD or two to test it out.

Biggest problem is gonna be convincing the Wife that spending £16k we haven't got, on a car we don't need, is the smart thing to do! Wish me luck!

A

Anonymous

Good luck with that one then! lol. Let us know how it sounds.

John Duncan

Big Chris:
I'm going for a test drive of one of these on Saturday....

800px-2007_Mazda_CX-7.jpg

...It's got a 9 speaker Bose system in it, so might take a CD or two to test it out.

Biggest problem is gonna be convincing the Wife that spending £16k we haven't got, on a car we don't need, is the smart thing to do! Wish me luck!

See, I really like that - have they done the seven-seater yet?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
From what I can see reading around the seven-seater, paradoxically called the CX-9, isn't coming to the UK.

Coincidentally, I've been looking at these, too - there seem to be some hefty discounts at the mo, not to mention some good deals on preregistered ones (£16k for a 58 with 1 mile on the clock, against £24k-ish list) and what I can only assume are ex-demonstrators. Most of which are a not too clever copper red, it seems.

Must be the cumulative effect of hefty fuel consumption, high VED band, the impending arrival of an oil-burning version and the uglified facelift version just announced at Geneva.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Dynaudio for VW

Bose or B&O for Audi

B&O for Aston Martin

Mark Levinson for Lexus

Naim for Bentley

Bose for all sorts of companies from Hummer to Ferrarri

Mercedes does its own in association with Harman/Becker

Beat me to it :)

Also Harman Kardon in the pre facelifted mini's (now simply branded "HiFi") I have this system and its passable - much better than standard (worth the £350 upgrade).
I think BMW brand there high end system Logic 7.
I suspect both systems are still HK or more likely infinity sourced (same group).

Interestingly (or not!) the Sony Head units in recent Fords are made by Visteon and the logo is licensed!

I always wondered if the reason B&W went back to Bowers and Wilkins was because they intended to start selling to Automotive customers and didnt want to be confused with BMW :)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
From what I can see reading around the seven-seater, paradoxically called the CX-9, isn't coming to the UK.

Coincidentally, I've been looking at these, too - there seem to be some hefty discounts at the mo, not to mention some good deals on preregistered ones (£16k for a 58 with 1 mile on the clock, against £24k-ish list) and what I can only assume are ex-demonstrators. Most of which are a not too clever copper red, it seems.

Must be the cumulative effect of hefty fuel consumption, high VED band, the impending arrival of an oil-burning version and the uglified facelift version just announced at Geneva.

Erm and the main thing...

the economy and lack of loans available peut-etre?

If you want a motor then now is the time to buy

ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I have to say there are an awful lot of ugly cars around these days, carbon copies of Japanese rubbish. Shame on the car industry for creating nothing.

At least electric, funny little things, have a purpose.

ÿ

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

'Sfunny. The dealer near me has a black one and a copper red one, and I actually preferred the red one. The black one looks a bit like it's trying too hard. I think the red one looks more unassuming. Silver is so passe now so that's out. The blue is nice.

Also, I've found the lighter interior preferable over the black interior. Too much black/grey going on otherwise.

The discounts are great though. The copper red one I like is a pre-registered 08 plate with 100 miles on the clock, £16k.

The tax thing doesn't worry me too much, and the MPGs are probably gonna be better than my current car, a 52 plate Ford Maverick 3.0 V6 with 4 speed auto.

258bhp is just the icing on an already pretty tasty cake!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:Erm and the main thing...
the economy and lack of loans available peut-etre?

If you want a motor then now is the time to buy

Peut-etre - but then you'd expect to be the same level of discounting on everything.

Maybe it's just that the Mazda dealers are being upfront about the deals, but I've found some dealers for other brands refusing to - ummm - deal. One even quoted the falling value of the pound and the strength of the yen as reasons for not being able to drop prices any more.

That was on an 08 demonstrator of a discontinued model with about 1000 miles on the clock which it's been advertising for at least six months.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:They said the Evo!

No, they said 'After three months we'll decide whether or not to to give you the heave-ho'.

It's easy to mishear in the excitement of the moment.
emotion-4.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:258bhp is just the icing on an already pretty tasty cake!

Indeed. And points taken on the choice of colours - will have to have another look.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:If you want a motor then now is the time to buy
ÿ

I agree with that

We went looking at BMW 1 Series last week for my other half; she's ended up going for the BMW 130 MSport of all cars due to the spec and upgraded that were thrown in; we managed to get it for the same prices as the 120d!

Just have to wait 5 weeks now for it to be finished and land over here!

A

Anonymous

LOL i've no idea what it is Andrew. I was just being feciecious (is that spelt correctly? LOL).
Reckon it needs a set of peugot powerline interconnects though.;P

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts