Cannot find the Sony STRDA5400 es anywhere online.......!!!!

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know of any online site that has these receivers actually in stock atm, finally convinced the wife that I NEED one of these for my upcoming 40th birthday but I can't find one in stock anywhere.....

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
There are none available at Sony right now. It does look like this model is being replaced with the new STRDA6400. There may be stocks coming through but your best bet would be to find a dealer with stock - you could try Superfi. I am afraid we are all out now but are stocking the 6400.

Nick

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
On paper the 6400 looks like a 5400 with the Network functions ( video & Jpeg in addition to MP3 etc). It also has one of the HDMI inputs on the front this time. Our stock arrives on Monday so we will hook it up and see if there are any other improvements. RRP is £1799 we are at £1599.

Nick

rajeeboy

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Nick

I have seen the Yamaha DSP Z7 down to around £1700, it would be interesting to see how the two compare...Network capabilities on the Sony look like they are more flexibile

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
rajeeboy:

Thanks Nick

I have seen the Yamaha DSP Z7 down to around £1700, it would be interesting to see how the two compare...Network capabilities on the Sony look like they are more flexibile

The Sony will have to be excellent to outperform the Z7. If you are looking to stream movies and jpegs then the Sony will have the edge on facilities. It all comes down to the interface and how quickly it responds. Call me next week if you like and I can let you know how I get on.

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts