Cancel Christmas! The positioning of the Christmas Tree compromises my set-up

wilsmusic

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Got home from work tonight. 'Daddy close your eyes' said my four year old...dragging me into the living room.

'daddy open your eyes!' She exclaimed excitedly.

'what a lovely Christmas tree' I say and smile, though not with my eyes.

Because really I am thinking,what is that bloody thing doing there? My sub lives there. Where is my sub for that matter? Why are my speakers at those funny angles? Does no one understand that the optimum toe in position is around ten degrees. Why have they been pushed up against the wall? What about bass boom? And for that matter, Why are they so close together, they were 3 meters apart when i left home this morning, does no one understand that everything was set up so that when I sit in the middle of the sofa I get perfect sound? And finally, Why are those fronds of tree positioned right in front of my speaker grille? What's that going to do the sound?

'Do you really like it daddy?' Asks my four year old?

Before I answer I look at my wife. She gives me an appraising, cool, expectant look.

knowing exactly what I need to do, I sweep up my child, 'what a lovely, beautiful, big tree, what a really big beautiful tree you bought this year...did you choose it darling?

'No daddy. Mummy chose it daddy.'

I look at my wife. She gives me an appraising, cool, expectant look.

'Mummy bought a beautiful tree' I say and start counting the weeks.

wilsmusic said:
Got home from work tonight. 'Daddy close your eyes' said my four year old...dragging me into the living room.

'daddy open your eyes!' She exclaimed excitedly.

'what a lovely Christmas tree' I say and smile, though not with my eyes.

Because really I am thinking,what is that bloody thing doing there? My sub lives there. Where is my sub for that matter? Why are my speakers at those funny angles? Does no one understand that the optimum toe in position is around ten degrees. Why have they been pushed up against the wall? What about bass boom? And for that matter, Why are they so close together, they were 3 meters apart when i left home this morning, does no one understand that everything was set up so that when I sit in the middle of the sofa I get perfect sound? And finally, Why are those fronds of tree positioned right in front of my speaker grille? What's that going to do the sound?

'Do you really like it daddy?' Asks my four year old?

Before I answer I look at my wife. She gives me an appraising, cool, expectant look.

knowing exactly what I need to do, I sweep up my child, 'what a lovely, beautiful, big tree, what a really big beautiful tree you bought this year...did you choose it darling?

'No daddy. Mummy chose it daddy.'

I look at my wife. She gives me an appraising, cool, expectant look.

'Mummy bought a beautiful tree' I say and start counting the weeks.

Dispense with the tree and string some fairy lights and tinsel around the hi-fi. :cheers:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
:grin:

It's always good to be reminded of the order (of importance) of things:

The child -> The Mrs -> The Tree -> The Pets -> You..............................-> The HiFi

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Like my darling) wife always says this time of year...

* Christmas and the Kids were around a long time before your surround sound"

I too am counting the days!

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Here's my view for the next 5 weeks :-(

Anyone done auditioning with a 5 foot artificial Christmas tree in front of their right speaker?

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm hearing an evergreen tinge to my mids - can't wait till the baubles and tinsel get added - that could hit the treble side of things :)

(Lights didn't work properly - asking too much after 1 year? - must keep the B&Q receipt next time - I assume 12 months warranty at least, as they are electrical?)

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
BenLaw said:
DandyCobalt said:
Anyone done auditioning with a 5 foot artificial Christmas tree in front of their right speaker?

Is it acoustically transparent?
All the latest Christmas trees from Acoustic Christmas Solutions are acoustically transparent and said to enchance lower midrange detail. I myself auditioned the PBX2 and it sounds way better than the Douglas Fern I bought last christmas. Only problem is that they are still waiting for Santa's approval.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
wilsmusic said:
I've now been thinking of upgrading my Christmas Tree in order to furher improve the acoustic properties of my listening room. I've seen one of these

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2243980/Is-2-500-Christmas-tree-expensive-country.html

online and was wondering if anyone else had bought one and if they have, did they find that it brought significant benefits to their listeing pleasure?

It's too small.

It's only 18 bit, and I'm looking for a 24 bit .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts