Can you recommend some great PS3 games?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Hey,

I'm hooking my PS3 back up, after it being in storage for a couple of years. Can anyone recommend some great games for it? Last game I bought was Arkham Asylum.

Cheers, all!

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Grand Turismo 5:)

Iv'e had this game for over 3 years and still play it,it's a fantastic driving simulation game and if you want to go on-line apparantly is the dogs nuts!

The graphics are superb,sound is DTS.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Uncharted 1,2 & 3, Far Cry 3, Bordrlands 2, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Gran Tourismo 5, Crysis 2, Portal 2, Fallout 3, Bayoneta, Dead Space 1 & 2, F1 2012, Dirt 3, Dark Souls and of course any Call Of Duty of which I would say either MW3 or Black Ops 2.

That lot covers most tastes and all are fantastic games, most can now be purchased for very little money now too :)

byakuya83

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I expect you have played it but Heavy Rain is a worthwhile experience.

Of all the shooting games I would recommend Bad Company 2 or Killzone 3.

I have recently downloaded Limbo which is an interesting game - will report back.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Good shout with Heavy Rain...I really enjoyed that and it's definately more of an eperience than a conventional game but it demands a run through. Couldn't get into Bad Company 2 personally but I really enjoyed Killzone 3 and it's by far the best in the series so far.

Look forward to your thoughts on Limbo as I've been tempted many times to jump in after playing the demo :)

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
cliffster said:
Playing Fallout 3 til 5am for weeks on end nearly cost me my job!!!

Wife wasn't particularly happy either:oops:

Cliff.

+1. Been there :cheers: Utterly brilliant and alarmingly immersive. And if it's hooked-up to a 5.1 setup, the sequences in the abandoned subway tunnels and the Arlington Library are oh sooo very creepy... :eek:

Assassin's Creed is well worth a punt, too - stunning graphics, especially the one set in Venice :grin:

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Cheers fellas, theres enough there to get me started. Keep 'em coming, though!

Prof, I don't have a fave type of game really. If it's good, i'll give it a go.

Slooper

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
If you liked Batman Arkham Asylum, the the newer Arkham city would be a good choice. Another game that has been rated as the game of 2012 by many people is "Dishonoured", fantastic game and comes highy recommended!

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Slooper said:
If you liked Batman Arkham Asylum, the the newer Arkham city would be a good choice. Another game that has been rated as the game of 2012 by many people is "Dishonoured", fantastic game and comes highy recommended!

Cheers, buddy. 'Arkham CIty' is defo on my to get list and it looks like 'Dishonoured' is now, too!

byakuya83

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Limbo - Was making slow and steady progress, each new task required a certain amount of thought and skill but was completed through slight repetition and practice. However, I soon hit a brick wall. One section required such precise timing I got well and truly stuck. Through frustration I have had to walk away. Up to that point it had been challenging but fair with just the right amount of precise movement. Now it requires the sort of speed and twitch skill I don't possess.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
funny you should mention 'Red dead Redemption'. I've had it for a few years but played it for the first time, yesterday. It was supposed to be a quick fiddle, just to see what it was like. When I looked at my watch, i'd been on it for two hours! Brilliant game.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
nufcmarson said:
You owe it to yourself to play a PSN game called Journey.

I loved Journey, but it took my 7 yr old lad less than 2 hours to complete. It's not particularly replayable either :(

But it is indeed beautiful. As was Flower.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
bretty said:
funny you should mention 'Red dead Redemption'. I've had it for a few years but played it for the first time, yesterday. It was supposed to be a quick fiddle, just to see what it was like. When I looked at my watch, i'd been on it for two hours! Brilliant game.

Bretty, you addicted to Red dead yet?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Err, yes would be the answer to that question! I've not known a game before to be such a time swallower. I had a day off earlier this week and chucked on RDR. I started playing at 10am and before I knew it, it was 4pm! Oh well, bye bye life!

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
bretty said:
Err, yes would be the answer to that question! I've not known a game before to be such a time swallower. I had a day off earlier this week and chucked on RDR. I started playing at 10am and before I knew it, it was 4pm! Oh well, bye bye life!

:rofl: I did warn you it was addictive!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
PS4 announcement has prompted me to dig my PS3 out. Just bought XCOM Enemy Unknown - had the old Amiga game which was fantastic and this is a good re-imagining of it. It's by the same people that made Civilisation Revolution which I also loved, so depends on if you like these turn based sim games.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts