Can you output 1080p 3D over component?

F

FunkyMonkey

If your 3D blu ray player has component output, connected to a 3D Tv, will teh TV give 3D, and will it be 1080p?

A

Anonymous

i very much doubt it as you need a HDMI 1.4 port to be able to send 2x 1080p images

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I always thought 720p/1080i was the maximum for component... I may be wrong.
emotion-5.gif

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Ahh, good to know - did try component with the XBox on projector but that doesn't output 1080p except through the HDMI (my projector only handles 1080i anyway
emotion-6.gif
).

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Though component's Full HD days are numbered - when it comes to Blu-ray, anyway. From January, all new Blu-ray players will only be able to output SD video via component.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
Indeed. It's causing a real kerfuffle in the custom-install world - where many systems are set up using component rather than HDMI.

I bet. The sad thing is all this copy protection stuff only ever makes life hard for "normal" users, the hackers/pirates will get around whatever obstacles are placed in their way easy enough. Reminds me of the lack of bins on the underground and ridiculous security checks at airports to stop terrorists - inconveniences everyone but if anyone wanted to actually do something "nasty" they would find a way with little effort, the inconvenience the threat causes surely means they are winning?
emotion-6.gif
Sorry, minor political rant there.

A

Anonymous

for around £100 u can buy a hdmi to component hdcp stripper.

Its only a matter of time before one supports 3d.

F

FunkyMonkey

Thanks all. Looks like, short of buying a new receiver, I need to find a cheap HDMI 1.4 splitter!!!!!!!!!!! What chance?!

TRENDING THREADS