Can you mix and match full size and style speakers?

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I currently have the KEF 2005 eggs, with an extra centre from the 3005 package to make a 6.1 system. I would really like to move up to full size speakers, but could only do so at the front. Would KEF standmount/floor standing speakers and centre go ok with 2005 egg rears, or would it have a significantly negative effect on cohesion etc. Has anyone done this and if so are they happy with the sound?

Rest of system is Sony STR DG820 amp and Sony BDP S350 BD with Panny plasma.

Reason I am considering it is I lister to a fair amount of music through my apple TV on the system, and cant help thinking it would sound better through proper speakers. Couldnt hurt movies either, or could it?

If it would work, which speakers would you advise I go for?

Cheers everyone 

Messiah

Well I have Monitor Audio RS1's with the matching centre at the front and speakers from the Radius range as rears. To me it sounds very good and I think that tonally the speakers integrate very well. So I would say it can work.

Will it with the Kefs?? I expect so but try and demo if you can and see (well, hear) for yourself. You will certainly benefit from the upgraded fronts for your music.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts