Can we have a complete instalation article and small accessory test please?

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

For the What Hi-Fi S&V Team.

As an avid reader of your magazine I've noticed that we've never ever had a proper cinema installation "how to" article and tests of smaller but nevertheless important equipment such as aerial cables (coax rather than just patch), coax / F-Type plugs, wall sockets including the latter types and HDMI etc. After all there are many types of these with eg. coax costing from £10 per reel to £99 per reel and from tinned to silver plated, and the same differences in spec's and cost can be seen in everything from plugs to wall plates to mounting brackets.

Isn't it long overdue that we got an article on how to install your cinema from siting of speakers and equipment to installing conduit / routing the cables (seperation considerations) to installing wall boxes and all plates, to installing brackets to installing aerials and coax and to tests on all of these components .

Might even make a great Christmas special so that anyone who gets cinema gear for Christmas also gets a guide on how to install it and what the best small components are.

I'd like to see a complete article and tests of:

1. Coax Cables including satellite spec and comments on suitability for both analgue / digital signals from basic tinned to silver cored

2. Coax / F-Type Plugs

3. Coax / F Type Wall Plates

4. HDMI Wall Plates

5. 42" + Plasma / LCD Mounting Brackets - very important to get a wide test of as many brackets as possible as not everyone can afford Vagels!

..and the instaltion of all of these in a cinema instaltion article that shows the wall chanelling, conduiting, speration, siting etc so as to provide the complete guide to DIY cinema.

Like I said, make a great Christmas special!

Al.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Alsone"]
I'd like to see a complete article and tests of:

1. Coax Cables including satellite spec and comments on suitability for both analgue / digital signals from basic tinned to silver cored

2. Coax / F-Type Plugs

3. Coax / F Type Wall Plates

4. HDMI Wall Plates

5. 42" + Plasma / LCD Mounting Brackets - very important to get a wide test of as many brackets as possible as not everyone can afford Vagels!

..and the instaltion of all of these in a cinema instaltion article that shows the wall chanelling, conduiting, speration, siting etc so as to provide the complete guide to DIY cinema.

Like I said, make a great Christmas special!

[/quote]

Christmas round your place must be a riot, Al!

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
I wish it was but equally you can't ignore the fact that many people receieve items of AV equipment as presents and after Christmas becomes the install period.

Also, WHS&V have never done a total instalation guide with small item reviews so far as I'm aware.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Alsone"]
you can't ignore the fact that many people receieve items of AV equipment as presents

[/quote]

Gosh do they? Around these parts a pair of suspect socks or a tragic tie is about par for the course...

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="katsuret"][quote user="Alsone"]

you can't ignore the fact that many people receieve items of AV equipment as presents

[/quote]

Gosh do they? Around these parts a pair of suspect socks or a tragic tie is about par for the course...

[/quote]

Wow that is tragic!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts