Can someone help me please.

Pixelfascination

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I am in a bit of bother. I am and have been using a pair of Wharfedale Maxima speakers since the mid-late 90's and one of the bass-mid range drivers has just failed on me.

would someone be good enough to tell me if these are a suitable replacement pair?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Number-One-SPH-210-Bass-Midrange-Speaker/dp/B002DULIBU/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

The Maxima are rated at 100w with 8ohms but sadly that is all data I really have. When I bought the Maxima pair I didn't spend a lot so do not want to spend a fortune repairing them. Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track or put me onto it please.

Thank you in advance.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Pixelfascination said:
Hello everyone.

I am in a bit of bother. I am and have been using a pair of Wharfedale Maxima speakers since the mid-late 90's and one of the bass-mid range drivers has just failed on me.

would someone be good enough to tell me if these are a suitable replacement pair?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Number-One-SPH-210-Bass-Midrange-Speaker/dp/B002...

The Maxima are rated at 100w with 8ohms but sadly that is all data I really have. When I bought the Maxima pair I didn't spend a lot so do not want to spend a fortune repairing them. Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track or put me onto it please.

Thank you in advance.

If it is just a failed driver, then it should be an easy enough fix. Remove the old driver and you should find a part number on it, you can then order a pair (you should really replace the pair given their age though).

You could contact Wharfdale, but may find the driver a generic model that is cheaper sourced elsewhere.

To remove the driver, remove the attaching screws and carefully draw out the driver. It should be connected to the crossover unit by spade connectors. Carefully remove these, noting the orientation of the wiring. Reverse procedure to fit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts