Can now edit initial post in new threads.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
It must be a while since I posted any new threads because I have only just noticed the new 'edit' tab above the initial post on another thread I have just started.

Thank you WHFS&V website elves.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Good. There's a recent one of mine I would like to change. Pays not to tell the full truth sometimes.
wall.gif

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Rob in Kidderminster / Robin Kidderminster

I chuckled the first time, so thank you for lightening my mood somewhat, I fear without that, and the support of BB, I might have got myself in trouble.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
John Duncan said:
I did wonder - though didn't want to say - whether, in fixing the previous issues with permissions a couple of days ago, something may have been set accidentally in the process...

Indeed. Will have to get someone to investigate, as the 'can't edit first post or others once replied to' thing seems to avoid confusion.

scene

I agree that editing a post, once replied to can cause a lot of confusion, and is to be avoided, so preventing that's probably no bad thing. But, not being able to change a first post (when un replied to) is a bit of a pain

John Duncan

Don't I feel the EDITED EDITED...

My mistake. Could be a browser update on both which has fixed it. IOS6 resolves, as I understand it and it works after a fashion on my N7 (chrome good, Firefox flakey).

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, I can now post on iPhone/iPad (iOS6) without disabling rich text. Hurrah! And a belated thanks to JD for fixing the other issue on this thread - now your email earlier in the week makes sense :) Been somewhat preoccupied with all the Awards malarkey over the last few days, so just catching up here on the Forums.

TRENDING THREADS