Can Marantz PM8003 handle Monitor Audio RX6 ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I am planning to buy a new set of speakers and was thinking of Monitor Audio RX8

Can a marantz PM8003 handle these RX6 ? What about the RX8 ?

Thanks

By the way does anyone knows how come Marantz is so cheap here in singapore compared to europe (eg : 700/800 SGD ~310/350 pounds for a Marantz PM8003) : any difference between asian and european models ?

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi:

Yes, the 8003 can easily drive the RX8, and wonderfully the RX6. What I feel is any hint of brightness IF the new Marantz holds will surely be rolled off by the improved RX6/RX8 giving you a fatigue-free listening session. By any chance, if you can step into Naim territory, it would be better still with both speakers.

But, a demo is the need of the hour.

A

Anonymous

Thanks ! I did check the Naim as well ... but it's above my budget :-(

And how about thr rotel RA-1520 ? How does it compare to the Marantz with the same speakers to your opinion ?

A

Anonymous

Re pricing of Marantz in Singapore, I've never been able to figure it out either..! But I'm not complaining ! I lived in Bangkok (where Marantz is cheaper than UK RRP also) but would often travel down to Sing for kit....So much cheaper, and better dealers too....

As far as I'm aware, it's the same kit, mostly made in Malaysia, apart from some of the top end HiFi products which I think is still Japan...But to be honest, at the prices, I didn't care...!

Ultimately I've sold most of my Marantz kit now, although I do intend a trip back to Sing for the Marantz BD universal player - there is just no way I'm paying £5k for it when it's available at over 1/2 that price....!!

Steve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts