Can i use 4mm banana plugs with Denon 1507 AV receiver ?

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I've got a Denon 1507 amp and have always connected my speaker cable by just twisting the exposed copper and inserting into the connectors at both speaker and amp end. I'm looking to buy some new speaker cable soon (probably QED Silver Anniversary XT) so i was wondering whether my amp will accept 4mm banana plug terminations. On the end of the Denon speaker connectors are removable plastic plugs which i'm assuming can be taken out if 4mm plugs are going to be used, but i'd like someone to confirm for me. The Denon manual doesn't mention the use of plugs just the method i currently use. Thanks

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="stevee1966"]I've got a Denon 1507 amp and have always connected my speaker cable by just twisting the exposed copper and inserting into the connectors at both speaker and amp end.

I'm looking to buy some new speaker cable soon (probably QED Silver Anniversary XT) so i was wondering whether my amp will accept 4mm banana plug terminations. On the end of the Denon speaker connectors are removable plastic plugs which i'm assuming can be taken out if 4mm plugs are going to be used, but i'd like someone to confirm for me. The Denon manual doesn't mention the use of plugs just the method i currently use.

Thanks[/quote] Yes. I found out a little while ago that companies are not allowed to instruct users to do it as it's against a stupid EU rule or something!

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
It looks like they will accept banana plugs.
AVR1507_Large_Back_rdax_1200x401.jpg

Nice amp btw.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts