can i record some thing playing on the bbc iplayer

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi all I am watching Richard Thompson on the iplayer and I would like to record it and keep it if possible I have an ipad macbook if that helps Many thanks for help with this one if I could buy the dvd of the show I would :)

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
toyota man said:
Hi all I am watching Richard Thompson on the iplayer and I would like to record it and keep it if possible I have an ipad macbook if that helps Many thanks for help with this one if I could buy the dvd of the show I would :)
I take it that thats a no then ;)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I was going to suggest that :p :) Actually it's darn clever software. It will download from ITV and C4 as well as BBC, and while they don't offer as many programmes on catch-up as BBC iPlayer, if you do download a programme from ITV or C4 it chops the ads out. How cool is that.

iMark

MajorFubar said:
I was going to suggest that :p :) Actually it's darn clever software. It will download from ITV and C4 as well as BBC, and while they don't offer as many programmes on catch-up as BBC iPlayer, if you do download a programme from ITV or C4 it chops the ads out. How cool is that.

Best thing about it is that also works outside the UK. :) Before anyone starts complaining, this is completely legal in the Netherlands as long as it's for personal use.

It's also great for BBC radio. I download comedy programs that I can then easily transfer to my iPod. When added to iTunes just change media kind (through Get Info) from music to podcast. I prefer to have my radio shows as podcasts rather than music.

All our expat friends with PCs are envious that we have this software. Does anyone know of an equivalent for Windows?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
iMark said:
It's also great for BBC radio

Funny you should mention that. I tried to download a radio programme with it a few weeks ago and it couldn't find the programme. So I figured it couldn't download radio, only TV. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

iMark said:
Best thing about it is that also works outside the UK. :) Before anyone starts complaining, this is completely legal in the Netherlands as long as it's for personal use.

Don't worry, I'm not sure it's 100% legit here, but it's no less legal than 'timeshifting' to VHS tape even though everybody did it..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts