Can I connect a DAC to an Amazon Fire 7 tablet?

George

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I sometimes plug my Amazon Fire 7 tablet into my hi-fi to listen to Spotify (the free version with ads) I use the headphone socket from the tablet and plug it into my main amp. The sound is good but I was wondering if it is possible to use a DAC and if so could I expect any improvement in sound quality? My amp is a Marantz PM6004 and only has analogue inputs. I don't know much about digital audio.

insider9

muljao said:
You can plug an android tablet that supports otg and is running android 5 or later into a usb dac.

I bought a fire 7 as I had read it can be also. I had no success.
Look into different OTG cables. Micro USB ports are wired differently on some devices. It happened to me that I had an MHL cable meant for Samsung that wouldn't work with Sony. Now I have a Samsung phone it works. It may be a cheap solution.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Can you use Spotify (free version) with a Chromecast? If that works, you could then optionally add a DAC to the optical output of the Chromecast. Your tablet then is just the controller. If that doesn't work then perhaps just casting the Fire tablet audio stream to the Chromecast should do it.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
insider9 said:
muljao said:
You can plug an android tablet that supports otg and is running android 5 or later into a usb dac.

I bought a fire 7 as I had read it can be also. I had no success.
Look into different OTG cables. Micro USB ports are wired differently on some devices. It happened to me that I had an MHL cable meant for Samsung that wouldn't work with Sony. Now I have a Samsung phone it works. It may be a cheap solution.
Thanks. I will look into this

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts