Can I Bi amp??

Dean Morris

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Firstly are the Monitor Audio RS6 Speakers Bi-Ampable????
Secondly to Bi amp on my arcam AVR250, can i do this...connect the front L/R outputs to the treble inputs on your speakers and Channels 6 and 7 (Surround back) outputs to the bass inputs on your speakers. Remove the links on the back of the speakers. Then go into the amp menu to program channels 6 and 7 to Bi-Amp mode??

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
Not being familiar with the AVR250, I'd say that if you can set it to bi-amp like that, then your plan sounds feasible. Front channels are usually most powerful, so I'd go main outputs for bass and surround for treble...

But if you want to then use it for surround you'll have to rewire everything!

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Dean Morris:
Firstly are the Monitor Audio RS6 Speakers Bi-Ampable????

Secondly to Bi amp on my arcam AVR250, can i do this...connect the front L/R outputs to the treble inputs on your speakers and Channels 6 and 7 (Surround back) outputs to the bass inputs on your speakers. Remove the links on the back of the speakers. Then go into the amp menu to program channels 6 and 7 to Bi-Amp mode??The answer to your first question is yes. I Bi-Amp mine with an Onkyo 875. I don't know the 250, but what you suggest sounds reasonable.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The answers are yes, and yes, provided you're 'only' running a 5.1 system and don't need those surround back channels.

Set everything up with power off, and check and recheck connections before you fire up the Arcam again.

Dean Morris

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Excellent!

Just connected everything up and the sound is much better! Just need to play with positioning of speakers maybe get the Arcam rDac to boost the source (DV79) which will make it as good as an arcam cd37!! Then i think i'm a winner!

scene

BTW, I've just seen this post on bi-amping - yes and yes, I did do this for a while, but stopped as my amp get freezing - I think this was an issue with my amp, it's had a new motherboard and DSP board since.

Let me know how you get on, because I might give it another try when I get a chance...

TRENDING THREADS