can digital coax / optical outputs be used at the same time as xlr outputs ???????????

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I am using my xlr outputs to feed my amp can I use the optical or coax out put at the same time to feed a cd recorder / headphone amp/dac without affecting sound quality many thanks for any help with this one

nads

toyota man said:
I am using my xlr outputs to feed my amp can I use the optical or coax out put at the same time to feed a cd recorder / headphone amp/dac without affecting sound quality many thanks for any help with this one
from what magic box is this then?

A

Anonymous

nads said:
toyota man said:
from what magic box is this then?

I'm guessing this source component is a CD player, which has analogue outputs (XLR possibly phono too) and digital outputs from the transport (optical/coax). Wouldnt think there's any problem in using multiple outputs for different ends i.e. XLR outputs to drive the amp/speakers, and digital output to drive a DAC/headphone amp. Might run into problems if you used both XLR and phono outputs at the same time, my Wadia has both but I think the shop I bought it from said I could use both of these too (dunno why I'd want to tho).

Give it a try and see, it'll certainly work to some extent and won't damage anything. Of course the optical output is electrically isolated so can't see why using this as well as the XLR should make any difference at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts