Can Bi-amping really make a lot of difference....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All and What Hifi team

I have recently puchased a Leema system - antila - tucana - xones.

I have noticed that you can bi-amp the system with a Hydra unit, but I am not sure if the bi-amping dies have that much of an affect on the quality of sound or if it just increases the power.

Have the What Hifi team tried bi-amping the Leema system and if so, what were the results.

Thanks

Stan.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It's not about more power - each speaker only 'sees' the same amount of power - but better grip and control over the speakers, which can improve focus, bass control and detail.

Haven't used the Leema system myself, but in general terms speakers designed for biwiring benefit even more from biamped operation. A good dealer should be able to demonstrate this.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
I wouldnt consider myself an audiophile but i definatly hear an improvement with biamping no question. Biwiring - leaves me scratching my head though.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
SHAXOS:I wouldnt consider myself an audiophile but i definatly hear an improvement with biamping no question. Biwiring - leaves me scratching my head though.

Biamping makes sense, but biwiring as far as I can tell simply doubles the cable width (which can be advantageous with skinny wires).

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
..But of course biamping is probably only worth going for if the power amp is had on the cheap...
What would you rather do...biamp with 2 £500/£1000 amps, or get a £1000/£2000 amp?
(I know where my money would go)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts