Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced CD player for purely headphone use?

A

Anonymous

I would explore the option of using a cheap transport, a cheap cd player or dvd player of resonable build quality and add a Beresford DAC which doubles as a headphone amp.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
1. have you already got a CD player?
2. have you got a headphone amp?
3 What is your current kit?
4 budget?

ie more info...

If you already have a cheap CD player (or in fact DVD player), I suggest getting a Beresford DAC, and using the headphone socket provided. Its really musical, even if it isn't on par with a decent headphone amp.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
thfcwestlower:I would explore the option of using a cheap transport, a cheap cd player or dvd player of resonable build quality and add a Beresford DAC which doubles as a headphone amp.

Beresford is good and all you need is a cheapo DVD player as a transport.

or Marantz cd48, cd 63, cd 67 as they were known for the phone out quality for peanuts (volume control build in too!).

A

Anonymous

Okay, thanks for the advice everyone. My current CD player is an old Technics SLPG something from Richer Sounds circa 1995!

I'll check out the Marantz and then the Beresford DAC. Cheers

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
1 R:
Okay, thanks for the advice everyone. My current CD player is an old Technics SLPG something from Richer Sounds circa 1995!

I'll check out the Marantz and then the Beresford DAC. Cheers

1995 isn't so old. Providing the player is still working, AND has a digital out, then I would seriously consider the Beresford. It will take it to a different level.

Its here... http://www.homehifi.co.uk/main/main.html

Oh and go for one of his leads if you do, they are very well put together.

A

Anonymous

Thaiman:
thfcwestlower:I would explore the option of using a cheap transport, a cheap cd player or dvd player of resonable build quality and add a Beresford DAC which doubles as a headphone amp.

Beresford is good and all you need is a cheapo DVD player as a transport.

or Marantz cd48, cd 63, cd 67 as they were known for the phone out quality for peanuts (volume control build in too!).

+1 on the Marantz idea. i used to have a Marantz CD52 mkII and as well as making a decent cdp its headphone output was also quite decent! available on ebay for about 50 quid

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts