Can anyone recommend some compact floorstanders to upgrade my setup from 5.1 to 7.1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As the title says really, I wondered if anyone could recommend some compact floorstanders, as i'm looking to upgrade my setup from 5.1 to 7.1.

I currently have a Harmon Kardon AVR-347 and KEF KHT 2005.3 5.1 speaker package. Looking for something to compliment these; my bugdet to around the £600 mark.

I've been looking at Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6, as these are about the size i'm looking for. On the review it says "Beware of partnering them with bright-sounding kit" - not really sure what this mean, can anyone give me some insight to what bright sounding kit is?

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Anyone?

I'm aware that I need to go and audition any speakers before I buy them, but just looking for some contendors to try and find to audition.

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You could go down the route of the Kef Q500s? They aren't too large (smaller than the mezzos in all dimensions- the measurements with plinth do suggest the opposite, but if you look at the plinth you'll understand why). I used to own a pair, and I thought they were brilliant- should pair nicely with the eggs you already have

A

Anonymous

Went and listened to below over the weekend, paired with the Kef 2005 eggs surround and centre speakers. Exactly like I've got at home.

Kef Q500's

B&W 684's

MA BX6

i was blown away by all of them to be honest but thought that the Q500's had the edge a little, and also being KEF's like my eggs the they also have the uniq driver so should tie in perfectly.

Just tryin to decide if I should get the Q200 centre speaker as well while Kef have got 20% off the prices.

Thoughts? Would I get a massive difference by upgrading the centre to the q200 from the eggs? They didn't have one in the shop for me to demo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts