Can anyone recommend an AMP and CD player

Tyke

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I am in the position of looking for a new amp and CD player for around £800 in total. I would like to buy british made if possible and I have a Technics SL1210 Mk2 turntable so it must have a MM phono line in. Can anyone recommend a good combination? PS I mainly listen to 80's and 90's pop, indie and classical music.

Tyke

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Just some cheap denon/mission speakers - I will be getting new ones of these too but to match the rest of the components - if this is the right way of doing this?

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
With £800 I would be getting the CA351c, (incredible sounding CD player IMO,although if you could afford it,the 651c is slightly better....same tone,...just better imaging), with either the ca351a , the NAD 326bee , or the rega brio r, and maybe the creek 50a (although I've not heard this one, but apparently v good). This would be great set up! :)

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Dont think you will get british amp and cd for your budget. i would go for a british amp and not spend much on the cd player. Rega brio is the obvious amp but cyrus with a dac also in budget but needs phono stage - rega and edwards audio are cheapest british ones i know of.

Tyke said:
Hi

I am in the position of looking for a new amp and CD player for around £800 in total. I would like to buy british made if possible and I have a Technics SL1210 Mk2 turntable so it must have a MM phono line in. Can anyone recommend a good combination? PS I mainly listen to 80's and 90's pop, indie and classical music.

Personally I'd look at the s/hand market for something like Arcam, Rega...

Or brand new look at an all-in-one like Arcam's Solo Mini or any of the budget Marantzes.

T

the record spot

Pop off to the UsedHifiShop site. They have a Sony SCD-X770 QS player for £80. I'd be all over that one for the money. That leaves you with cash to get an amp and/or speakers.

£720 remaining; you need to listen, but there are several £300 or so speakers by Q Acoustics, Tannoy or Dali that would make your hifi sing. That leaves around £400 for an amp. And it's sale time! You can thank me later. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts