Can anybody recommend a good 3D film?

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Can anybody recommend a good 3D film (apart from Avatar) that is actually not a bad film or even documentary. Want a good demo disc to see what my new 3D PJ can do, looking for 'non animation' stuff if im honest.

Thanks,

Cookiemonster

Paul.

You could try Werner Herzog's Cave of Forgotten Dreams if you want to watch a 3D documentary. I've not seen it as I don't have a 3D tv, but have heard good things about it.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote John Duncan]

I found the "it's a Love Letter To Cinema, Everybody" semaphore a bit dull

[/quote]

Indeed. And I'd already seen Cinema Paradiso ;)

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I can't beleive nobody has mentioned TinTin here...apart from Avatar this is the most accomplished 3D disc available and the movie itself was a pleasant surprise, if you have any love for Indiana Jones (like i do, hurry up bluray release!) then you will love it. I really enjoyed it after being a bit sceptical myself but it turned out to be great and one hell of a test disc, a fabulous disc and movie...highly recommended.

+1 for Hugo and Transformers 3 is a good 3D disc although the movie isn't that great, also consider The Green Hornet...it got a mixed reception but i like it quite alot :)

A

Anonymous

I have Tron 3d and have rented hugo 3d both are good for depth as are lots of others like Sanctum 3d but i have only experienced positive 3d (pop out) with one film TANGLED. Its a great film very funny, looks good, 7.1 dts hd and full screen as well (no black bars) which makes the 3d look better and as they light the floating candles they come into your foom about 4 ft amazing 3d !!!!!!!!!!!

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the great responses. Did see the Hugo trailer and it looks great, but is it sad?
Trying to avoid CG but i have to agree that Tangled is a fanatstic film, may have to upgrade to 3D on that. Suprisingly found 'The Smurfs' do be a great family film, didn't expect it.

Anybody know of any great future 3D releases to look out for?

F

FunkyMonkey

I also loved Hugo.

Sacha Baron Cohen nearly spoiled it for me. Miscast.

A

Anonymous

ok going to ask this and before anyone starts shouting gimmick i think its fun.

can anyone think of a good 3d movie for pop out effect

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Yep. Hugo and Tron are the only things even half decent in threed.
+1 We watched it tonight and the 3d was very good with people popping out of the screen I am not keen on the 3d glasses though as I had to wear them over mine and its a bit of a faf charging them I am not sure if the novalty will wear off or not

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Brave has been reviewed as a reference 3D expereince...yes it is animation but if you want to get the best from 3D then this will not disapoint,and dont forget Phromethius, again stated as one of the best 3D movies out there, this was filmed with 3D-Cameras so has not been converted, mixed reviews but worth a look, I was very impressed.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I've just gotten a 3d projector and I can defo offer you an awesome rec:

UNDER THE SEA. An IMAX doc. Me and the missus have watched it twice and i'm not kidding when I say it has the best bit of 3D in it that I have seen. The whole film is beautiful and multi-layered, but there's one part in particular, featuring a big Cod fish that amazed and freaked us out, at the same time. The fish slowly turns towards the camera and swims slightly forward and it actually seems to swim out of the screen. Having a 106" fish head seemingly inches away from your face is somethig to behold!

I'll come back with some more recs hopefully afterth weekend. I've got the 3D versions of Avatar, Prometheus, Amazing Spiderman, Underworld Awakening, Saw, Thor and a few docs (Got high hopes for 'ultimate wave', a sufing one)

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
rapsey said:
ok going to ask this and before anyone starts shouting gimmick i think its fun.

can anyone think of a good 3d movie for pop out effect

Yep, Final Destination 5. The 3D is cracking all the way through, but the pop-out of the screen parts during the death scenes are really great. Shame the film is poo ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts