can a Marantz NA7004 remote out control marantz amplifier PM6004 or PM7004?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am looking at setting up a hifi system with network streamer Marantz NA7004 and Marantz PM6004 amplifier.

There are iphone/ipod touch apps that can remote control the network player via ethernet. Can the orange remote out RCA also control the amplifier?

Ultimately I wanted to setup the remote app ipod app to controls the amplifier too (source selection, on off, volume).

Will the orange remote in/out RCA connectors allow this function to occur? (NA7004 remote out to PM6004 remote in).

I have read what I can find on the internet and noticed that typically one would use the amplifier remote to control the amplifier and the remote out to send signals to CD player (thus enabling single remote control use). But as I will be using an iphone to control the network player I do not want to use a regular infra red remote.

Has anyone done this? is this possible?

I have searched a bit on google and could not find anything. The closet I can find is the iphone app can control a networked AV reciever which in turn can control other devices. But in this situation the networked AV reciever is also the amplifier.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi I have checked with Marantz directly on this issue and the answer is no. You cannot get the NA7004 to issue remote out commands on the oranage (phono/rca) jack from the iOS application.

So a regular remote control will have to be used for power, source and volume.

it is a shame as I would of liked to be able to control the *whole* hifi from the iOS app not just the network player.

Overall this is unlikely to sway my opinion of it now time for some listening tests ....

A

Anonymous

Hi I have checked with Marantz directly on this issue and the answer is no. You cannot get the NA7004 to issue remote out commands on the oranage (phono/rca) jack from the iOS application.

So a regular remote control will have to be used for power, source and volume.

it is a shame as I would of liked to be able to control the *whole* hifi from the iOS app not just the network player.

Overall this is unlikely to sway my opinion of it now time for some listening tests ....

A

Anonymous

Hi

I will be having more or less the same setup as you have mentioned, I am a newbie though really, can I pick your brains, is there any advice you have?

A

Anonymous

no advise as I am still researching ... how is your setup?

JohnKK

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I have Marantz NR1602 AVR which I think use the same iOS mobile app as NA7004. I was playing with this app for some time.

As on 1602 everythink is in one box (amp, streamer, radio,...), I can totally control everthing for music via mobile app (volume, change radio stations, stream FLACs from media server, etc.).

The same is valid for their one-box hifi MCR603.

Bottom line - this mobile app as a remote is in 'nice to have' category; it is relatively slow, somethimes it has problems with starting up, sometimes it work fine... It is more on "it's cool" side that "great user expiriance" I think.

When I want to listen to music using iOS devices (I am using iPhone and iPad), I usually use Airplay and stream 320k mp3 which is OK for quality, it is much more convinient, faster and it just works every time.

For real control of my home entertaiment (music, movies, TV, games), few days ago I got Harmony 900 remote and it works superb.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts