Cambridge vs NAD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My current CD player has died and I am looking to replace with either the Cambridge 640 V2 or the NAD C542. Amp is an old Pioneer A400 and speakers are AR M1's from about the same vintage. Which of these would be the better option. I notice that the NAD is around 80 pounds more expensive in the UK, is it a better player, as here in Australia the NAD retails consideraby cheaper than the Cambridge?? Any advice appreciated.

Cameron

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
At the risk of sounding like Clare or Andy C, hold fire - group test of players in this market sector coming up in October issue. And there might just be some surprises...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
And as you're in Australia, will be happy to tell you the outcome of that test as soon as the issue's out on August 23rd, because I know how long issues can take to get to you from the UK

Just drop us another post and we'll let you know.

Definitely worth the wait, though, as there's a couple of new contenders in that test that could shake things up.

A

Anonymous

Just checking in again as the 23rd August approaches to get the low down of the results of the CD Player test mentioned above. I am still waiting on the August issue.

Cheers,

Cameron

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
I still haven't got the issue in my part of the world, but from the cover of the mag, it looks like the Marantz CD6002 might have knocked the CA640C off its perch. So it looks like we may have a new award winner 2007, as CA won't have its Version 3 out soon enough to have a chance of retaining its crown.

A

Anonymous

I agree, but have not been able to glean much from the Net on the CD6002. Any idea what other CD Player the Marantz was compared with?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I had an A-400 amp for about 15 years, a great old amp but possibly a little bright. In which case I'd probably avoid NAD and go for the Marantz as above. It really is given a great report, but of course the proof is in the listening.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts