Cambridge volume wont stay down at powerup?

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Small but irritating issue with my 540r. I have always turned the volume on my amps right down before switching them off,however the Camb always comes back on at half volume! Anyone else suffering with this? I am very happy with the sound of the amp(even the missus says it sounds great!) but wonder if there is some way around this.

A

Anonymous

Well I can't speak directly for your receiver; but most have an initial volume level when turning them on. I would check in the setup menu as this level is usually user selectable.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="WestCoastFun"]Well I can't speak directly for your receiver; but most have an initial volume level when turning them on. I would check in the setup menu as this level is usually user selectable.[/quote]

May be worth trying to turn the volume right down to your desired level and then pressing and holding the source button i.e CD.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your ideas both of you,unfortunately it looks like neither are gonna help. Its only a minor problem given how good it sounds anyway and i have found that if I just switch to an inactive source before turning off it solves the problem to a point.

A

Anonymous

You might like to try contacting Cambridge customer support at http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/sts/
You'll need to register, which is painless. I got a very prompt reply when I queried something regarding one of their amps. Not that I was particularly happy about what they had to say, but that's another story... Anyway, the promptness was appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts