Cambridge, Naim or other amps for Amphion speaker?

jakja83

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I have recently ordered an Amphion Argon loudspeaker (1500£). It is said to be very open, clear and precise and doesn't like bright or "spitty" electronics. I have been considering the combination of Naim XS + Rega's new DAC but the cost quite a lot.

Is it possible to get close performance-wise for less money? I was e.g. looking at the Cambridge 840A v2 in combination with the DAC-magic. How would such componentes fare in comparison?

A

Anonymous

Hi. I have been using my Argon 3L's with the Naim Nait XS and it is a really good match. According to Amphion they have used the Supernait, among others, during the development of the Argon range. As they have a high minimum-impedance they are quite suitable with both Naim amplifiers and various valve amplifiers.

I would go with the Naim, but I have also tried Ear-Yoshino valve amplifiers with exceptional results. Its however more costly than the Naim. The Amphion/Naim system is nowhere near bright in my opinion, and that was something I wanted to avoid when I put them together.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts