Cambridge Audio Remote Controls

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
My biggest gripe with an otherwise excellent machine - the CA BD751 - was that the remote control was extremely cheaply made, and not backlit. So pretty rubbish when watching projected films in a blacked out home cinema room.

When I mentioned this in the comments, CA replied to say that they would look into it.

I see that the new BD752 has a better remote, and is now backlit.

Would this newer 752 remote work with my older BD751, as this is the only "upgrade" that I'd be interested in?

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think the remote was too shabby in build personally, but I agree with the backlight issue, would be nice to have that feature, especially when sitting in the dark.

We oddly seem to be buying the same equipment!!

Must be something in the CM Series airways :)

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
On a more personal question Danny, have you connected the 751 into the Multi Channel in on the back of the pioneer? I have mine running 5.1 analogue straight and I can honestly say, for movies and music the improvement is there!

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
duaplex said:
On a more personal question Danny, have you connected the 751 into the Multi Channel in on the back of the pioneer? I have mine running 5.1 analogue straight and I can honestly say, for movies and music the improvement is there!

I was just about to post a query about multi-channel into my LX85.

I have hooked it all up, but I can't seem to be able to coordinate/link the multichannel audio with the blu-ray hdmi - doesn't give it to me as an option.

Unless I'm missing something - Any ideas?

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So take the analogues from the back of the player to your multi channel in and then you want to run the HDMI cable from the player straight to your TV. Now you can switch over to that HDMI channel and use Multi channel for the sound on the AV.

Pioneer told me to switch all speakers to Large on the AV side as this will bypass all internal processing within the LX receiver, you then calibrate your speakers within the 751 setup. Here you can set them to small for movies or downmix to stereo for music etc and set them to large.

Lovely thing is, we can now set a crossover point to 60Hz!

Finally if you find that the bass is under powered, go into your av setup, then other setup, then multi channel, now you can adjust the DB level on the Sub. I found I had to do it on the LX83.

Enjoy Danny, let me know what you think!

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
The problem duaplex is that my CA751 links to the LX85 by HDMI, which then feeds both the Pioneer plasma and a projector via the two HDMI outs.

So I can't link directly from 751 to TV.

And I understand that only one of the 751 HDMI outs uses the better video processor.

Any ideas?

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Danny just saw this!

Got me thinking, what about using a HDMI switch box.? You could hook the HDMI from 751 into it, then switch between projector and TV. This way, you utilise HDMI 1 on the back of the 751 for projector and TV.

Then hook up analogues as normal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts