Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 Plus

Diff

May 22, 2021
Visit site
The Melomania 1 Plus has poor Bluetooth connection, suddenly cut off from time to time.

Lack of bass, and no ANC and wireless charging.

A bit outdated in terms of features compared with many mid end or low end competitor brands

Sound is good but not to the level of great

Big Glynski

Aug 16, 2021
Visit site
The sound is great, only if get them seated right in your ear, which can sometimes make them a little uncomfortable. Once you get the hang of fitting them correctly you really don't miss the lack of noise cancelling as they block out most sound anyway. Overall they are great headphones for the price and due to there small size can be worn unnoticed by most people, so handy for "stealth listening".

Finn

Feb 3, 2021
Visit site
I absolutely LOVE these earbuds, the bullet design suit my ears and was one of the positives when I initially purchased the originals ... The 1+ retain ALL that was great with an even better sound quality ... Look at the price - Use the buds then tell me there is disappointment in your decision ... Should you do so, I would direct you to the Air-Pods at double the price almost as the 1+, NOW there's disappointment for you! (Yes I have used both and own both, the air-pods being in payment for a vehicle repair - I never use the air-pods because I won't compromise my listening quality ...

Finn

Feb 3, 2021
Visit site
The Melomania 1 Plus has poor Bluetooth connection, suddenly cut off from time to time.

Lack of bass, and no ANC and wireless charging.

A bit outdated in terms of features compared with many mid end or low end competitor brands

Sound is good but not to the level of great

Sorry diff I disagree with you - I have zero connection loss, if you are experiencing problems, read the CEO's statement, contact Cambridge explaining your issue and at least allow them to diagnose any issues with your set - My interaction with Cambridge has been first class and after I asked a question to their tech support, the communication was at a level I did not believe still existed in the retail industry - period! Could your connection loss not also be a black spot in your usage parameters, I have an invisible three foot line running through my property and it interferes with EVERYTHING wireless I have if I am in that zone - came to be after the power company installed new high power cabling in the alleyway at the side of my property - I can't explain the science but the coincidence was to big ... Also microwaves can cause issues if in use and there's nothing I have seen in the BT/wireless industry for ANYTHING that has combated an issue like that, apart from unplugging a microwave oven when not in use - it worked for me and alerted me to just how bad microwaves are when the power source is always there ... I began to see improved sleep also !!

If you are experiencing lack of bass, I suggest you look at changing the tips, my bass is first class, the tips I use for the 1+ are larger than ones previously used with wired buds - this will also eliminate a huge amount of external sound negating the need for ANC, when using my 1+ I can't hear a thing besides the music ...

Have you downloaded the app and checked the firmware? I certainly think your issues can be overcome, I also think these earbuds are incredible thus making me think a message to tech-support may assist you in obtaining the pleasure that I do ..

Hope that helps buddy

passie42

Mar 10, 2023
Visit site
Hi all,

I registered just to comment on this thread.
The melomania’s are great. A lot better than the Sony WF-C500 and JBL Tune 130NC TWS I purchased and both send back. Not only they sound better but also they sound louder which I like! You won’t miss the ANC!
I am a starting “ audiophile “ but I clearly can hear the difference between the earbuds and the Cambridge Audio sound way better.
When they said buy a Grado sr325x, a Fidelio X3 or a HiFiMan Sundara I did but I all send them back because they sound like sh*t. I end up buying a Denon ah-d5200 and a PSB m4u8 which both are the best headphones under 500,- euro you can buy! I bought a Fiio Q3 MQA to power them because you need a good DAC/amplifier to enjoy them.
Also I ordered a pair of Kz PR1 Planar earphones and I can’t wait for them to arrive.
I got a sweat deal at amazon.de where I bought the melomania plus for half the price.
Unfortunately one earbud stopped working and I contacted Cambridge Audio. They helped me immediately and send me a new pair, no questions asked. Now I have a extra case and one extra left earbud :) The support treated me very well.
So if you are looking for some great earbuds and great support in case something happens buy the melomania, you won’t be disappointed!!!

greetings,
Pascal

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts