Cambridge Audio Evo 75

Markmaguire

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed on CA's website there appears to be an Evo CD player (possibly ripper/server) in the pictures of the Evo 150? No mention of it in the text or as a separate product on the site though.

1619716782175.png

Hi there - is there any substantial qualitative difference between the amplifier and/or sound quality on the Evo 75 and the Evo 150 that justifies the additional outlay. I run 1 set of B&W CM1s and have no turntable needs. Thank you!
Unfortunately the WHF team don’t engage in conversations here. As a Hypex amplifier user myself - that’s the maker of the amplifier modules used by Cambridge - in my opinion there’s likely to be very little difference aside from the power due to the amp itself. But the design of the 150 has a different DAC and other changes detailed in the review which may well make a difference.

Best to await delivery to Richer Sounds and get an audition.

Last edited:

superhans

Oct 19, 2020
Visit site
I considered the EVO along with the Naim Uniti Atom. I'm not a Tidal user so don't care about MQA.
I was surprised that for a streaming product released in 2021 - the EVO does not offer Wifi-6/802.11ax
Another omission is - EVO has no home theatre bypass function (the Naim does)
Ended up buying the ATOM (partnered with Oberon 5). Lovely bit of kit. No complaints.

NHL99

Feb 27, 2020
Visit site
I've auditioned the Atom with Neat speakers, can't say that 'extra punch and rhythmic precision' was obvious. Is the Cambridge really inferior in sound quality?

manicm

I considered the EVO along with the Naim Uniti Atom. I'm not a Tidal user so don't care about MQA.
I was surprised that for a streaming product released in 2021 - the EVO does not offer Wifi-6/802.11ax
Another omission is - EVO has no home theatre bypass function (the Naim does)
Ended up buying the ATOM (partnered with Oberon 5). Lovely bit of kit. No complaints.

Wifi 6 for hifi products is neither here nor there. In most scenarios your wifi audio components would be reasonably near your router, and on the 5ghz band. CA made no omission really - as not everyone will have a wifi 6 network anyway,

Last edited:

Didux

May 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi there chaps
Just checking in and I have some toughts on the Cambridge audio evo
I recently upgraded my system at home
I am now the Proud owner of a pair Kef Ls 50 meta, which do not need an introduction
They are paired with a Sonoro Maestro
In my humble opinion it outpasses the Cambridge audio EVO because it had everything the Cambridge has + a Dab+\Fm tuner and a cd player
It has the same class D amplifier of 100 W at 8 ohm and it sounds absolutely stunning with the KEF speakers
I saved the best for last , the Sonoro costs half as much as the Cambridge
I have not seen yet a review of the Sonoro maestro in whathifi ?
And touhgts in this?
Cheers

I saved the best for last , the Sonoro costs half as much as the Cambridge
I have not seen yet a review of the Sonoro maestro in whathifi ?
And touhgts in this?
It looks like a super piece of kit. I’d vaguely heard the name but it looks as though they aren’t stocked widely in the U.K. The website says €1299. Is that what you paid?

Didux

May 2, 2021
Visit site
It looks like a super piece of kit. I’d vaguely heard the name but it looks as though they aren’t stocked widely in the U.K. The website says €1299. Is that what you paid?
I actually paid less because I ga discount
Did not complain about that 😁
I did not hear the Cambridge audio evo yet play but I cannot imagine that it justifies the double amount of money

djh1697

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Hardly surprising that CA gear gets good reviews, considering the advertising revenue that Audio Partnership & Richer Sounds (same group) spend on advertising. I use a Roon NUC along with a March DAC (based on the famous and excellent Khandas TB1 module) which sounds better than the Naim DAC, for a fraction of the price! This does require a little technical/PC knowledge to set up, I use Windows 10 AME to run the Roon Core, since it can handle a USB DAC without many issues

Didux

May 2, 2021
Visit site
Seriously though, I think those gloves are a nice touch. It shows the company has pride in its products.
(Don't tell anyone but I always wash my hands before touching my hi-fi - one of the reasons it all looks as new decades after purchase).
Nevermind the gloves,they are a Nice tought from sonoro
CA and Naïm also have a nice touch , they code with a blowtorch which incenerates your creditcard 🤣

djh1697

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
The TB1 is excellent in DSD256, a Naim dealer I know doesn't rate DSD, interesting how the same dealer would have sold the Linn CD12 which read SACD's, which are encoded in DSD. The same dealer does not rate MQA, neither do I! Anything below 88Mhz I convert to DSD using Roon!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts